Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try some XLC's in my '06.
Do any of you guy's have any loads for me?
IMR4350 is what I would like to use. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone loading 150gr Barnes XLC's for the '

Yep, sure do. First, I would like to note that the barrel is a 15" with the muzzle tamer. This has MUCH less recoil that a standard 15" .243 I just sold. I get an honest 1" group or slightly less. I load 57.0g of H4350 (I know you said IMR, but I have a lot of the Hodgen 4350 and decided to use it) WLMR primers with the bullets seated .004 from the lands. The Barnes-X will foul the barrel quicker than say a Nosler or Hornady, but the penetration is outstanding. Should make a great boar round. I have shot a few deer with it but wasn't real pleased with the expansion. Good luck and let us know how this load shoots for you.

·
Registered
332 Posts

PJ, I haven't tried any handloads yet, but a friend of mine shot his -06 loads through my handgun and it shot an honest 1". I believe (that means look it up to make sure I am not giving you too hot a load) it was 55 grains of IMR 4350 and a 150 grn Sierra spitzer. Double check the powder charge as it has been about 6 months since this happened.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks guys I tried out some loads today with the 150gr XLC 57grs and 58grs of IMR4350.Both shot right at 1" @ 100 Not bad this maybe my load for elk and bear this year. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts