Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read in one place he was a sicko of the sexual predator type..Would be interesting just what kind of Cannon he built that made it a destructive device, just because the bore exceeded 1/2 inch..If that is the case we are all in trouble..LOL

I kinda get the feeling he was facing something bigger and just plead guilty to something of a lesser charge, just to get off lighter, whether he was guilty of it or not..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have seen this and several reports over this last week or two.
All they ever mention is that he made a “Red White and Blue Cannon” and 1-¼” bore.
one article had a stock photo of a historical cannon, but never any further info on the perp or the cannon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On a second note we had a local guy ( Spokane or Coeur d’Alene don’t know.) That called up very paranoid about his Cannons after reading this article. And then later brought into our recycling yard a smashed up English swivel gun where he cut the barrel in half, smashed off the trunnions and Cascabel. Had a fabricated bowling ball mortar tube similar to designs shown on this site that he also cut in half. Along with a full scale mountain howitzer, 2 1/4 inch bore vented with a copper vent (removed), along with all the steel from the complete carriage that the mountain howitzer must’ve been sitting on!

on a third note, I got a sweet mountain Howitzer ready to go for somebody that wants a Headstart!

·
Super Moderator
16,843 Posts
An earlier article before the feds got involved said he had the gun rigged up point at a door ands set to fire if some one opened the door. To me that is a clue.

If it didn't replicate a pre 1899 design and it did not have some form of antique ignition, it's not an antique, even if muzzleloading..

·
Registered
577 Posts
I read on another forum it had to do with explosive projectiles not the bore size.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
16,843 Posts

Here is the indictment by the grand jury.

Not only did he have a cannon he had an explosives device for that cannon.

The Grand Jury charges:
On or about August 6, 2019, in the Eastern District of Washington, the Defendant, KENT KIMBERLING, did knowingly possess a firearm, to wit:
- a red, white, and blue, cannon destructive device having a bore diameter in excess of one-half inch; and
- an improvised explosive projectile further described as a small metal compressed carbon dioxide gas cartridge and soda can; not registered to the Defendant in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, in violation of26 U.S.C. §§ 5841, 5861(), 5871.

·
Registered
345 Posts
He was also making death threats to police and neighbors and was a well-known local PITA. Searching on his name will turn up some minutes of the council meetings and police reports. Not exactly a poster child for responsible cannon ownership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts