Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah I put in for deer and elk. Put my 11 & 12 year old sons in for cow elk.
Now we have to find the patience to wait till the results come in. We live way down south in Bisbee.
Elwood

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elwood,

The results should be out late July. Maybe earlier with any luck. What areas are you hunting?

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
A total of 9 of use pulled out of Arizona's draw. Way to much controversy for non-resident hunters. We decided to go to Florida and then to Maine this year for hunts. Next year back to Alaska for another Caribou hunt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redhawk1

Sorry to hear that . It is too bad someone like USO has to ruin it for a lot of other folks. Alaska is one of my dream hunts.

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
AZ300wsm said:
Redhawk1

Sorry to hear that . It is too bad someone like USO has to ruin it for a lot of other folks. Alaska is one of my dream hunts.
You are so right, but it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied. It is like they want to punish the non-residents for what USO did.

Alaska is a great place, well worth the money spent. I am glad also that I don't have to pay a guide for our Caribou hunt. Drop hunts in Alaska are a real adventure. The only real cost is the Air taxi to get you out into the Arctic Circle. :eek: Tags are reasonable and so is the license.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redhawk1,

" it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied"

That is so true. They could have and should have done a better job to see that it wouldn't turn in to what it did.

I have been looking into an Alaska hunt for a little while now. You are right they do seem reasonable. I have not checked in to the Air Taxi side of it yet. Whats ballpark on them?

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
AZ300wsm said:
Redhawk1,

" it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied"

That is so true. They could have and should have done a better job to see that it wouldn't turn in to what it did.

I have been looking into an Alaska hunt for a little while now. You are right they do seem reasonable. I have not checked in to the Air Taxi side of it yet. Whats ballpark on them?
Last year my air fairs were for round trip. Delaware to Fairbanks $660.00. Fairbanks to Bettles $600.00 included 60 cents for anything over 40 pounds of luggage. From Bettles to Arctic Circle $1800.00. These prices are per person. As you can see the last flight is the more expensive. But let me tell you, for under $4000.00 total cost of flights and licence and tags, we also had wolf tags. That is a great price for the adventure.

·
Registered
289 Posts
AZ300
My brothers and I put in for mule deer amd, whitetail in 34B. Bull elk in 7W & 7E. My boys and cousins are in for cow elk in 10 &9. The kids are not in youth hunts they have had bad luck for two years trying for youth deer hunts.

Elwood

·
Registered
862 Posts
I considered applying for an elk tag but I refuse to buy a $100+ hunting license just to apply - whether I draw or not. The zone I wanted to apply for had a chance to draw of 1 in a hundred. It appears to me the odds are not in my favor so I won't play that game. Other states are more nonresident friendly and will therefore receive my money. Ariz. is the only state I ever had to pay for an application booklet. I drew combination deer and elk tags in Montana. I'm waiting to hear from Wyoming as they draw for antelope on July 3rd. Meanwhile I just shoot and load, clean shoot and load, clean shoot and load, clean shoot and load. C'mon hunting season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts