Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
yup, saw that! neat idea and I actually like the .32 mag so this is of interest to me. not having much faith it catches on those as too many are all up on thier .45's.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Lloyd, Thanks for the update! I hadn't heard of this one yet. Sounds kind of like a 32 Maximum.

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

·
Registered
739 Posts
I am trying not to get attracted to the 32 caliber... but it looks fast, and with modern ammunition............. I will never save enough for my darn 500 at this rate.... how does it compare to the 32 single action guns I keep hearing about... ? I was doing pretty good ignoring those... then you Lloyd : the Tempter...
Arghhhh!!
lol
dk

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
32 Max is the same thing I was thinking, and in case you didn't know there was such a beast in the late 80's early 90's. I saw some brass for sale for it this past spring and almost bought it just because. But this does look like something cool, will have to look into it more.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Ideal for small light concealed carry revolvers.

Cheese

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Very interesting Read...
Do ya suppose that those who have had conversions done (say on a single six) to this caliber will be able to afford to have the cylinder throats bored just a bit more?
Kind of iffy, but maybe worth considering because of the bullet that you can or cannot use in a FA 97 cylinder as opposed to the FA 83.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lloyd, you'll have to get that Single Six rechambered! Sound's like a good ctg but I'm also curious as to why the .32 mag could not be bumped up to the same velocities. I know the .32 mag was kept to lower pressures because of being chamered in the break top H&R revolvers, but I'm sure the solid frame guns could handle higher velocities. 44 Man

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I have visions of a 7 1/2 inch single six with a scope for the trail and an sp101 for every day use . It is like a 32-20 rifle in a handgun. I really am excited about this. Of course Ruger hasn't said anything about offering it in a single action-yet. The sp101 would also be a great belt/kit gun on its own.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This sounds cool. I wonder if it would be able to chamber the other 32 caliber rounds in existence? I think one of these new SP101's might be in my future.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
yup, you can shoot 32 short up to the 327 magnum according to that press release. Of course there is still the issue of fouling and build up if you shoot the shorties.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
moxgrove said:
yup, you can shoot 32 short up to the 327 magnum according to that press release. Of course there is still the issue of fouling and build up if you shoot the shorties.
Duh! I guess I should have read the article more closely. Thanks Moxgrove!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Lloyd,

I need to get my grubby, long, fat fingers on one of these very soon. Saw the article in one of the gun rags.

Regards,

DeWayne

·
Registered
28,628 Posts
I now have the gun but no ammo ! been shooting hot 32 H&R mag. ( read max load not over load )
Gun is nice shoots well .
Guess one day ammo or brass will be aval.

·
Registered
739 Posts
In order to be able to justify two guns instead of just one, I went and committed to a 32 mag ruger single action... then I can get a 327 later, when there are more brass and stuff available.
dk

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
The .327 Federal cartridge is too long for the cylinder of a single six, .32 H&R is the best you can do with the single six, but it can be loaded up quite a bit, not to .327 Federal ballistics but quite a bit over .32 H&R. And BTW, H&R never chambered that round in a top break revolver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts