Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son stumbled on this by accident yesterday Fried halipinoes he has been having knee pain and swelling. he gets up in the morning and can hardly walk. yesterday his wife wonted him to cook some of those peppers so he sliced them open took out the seeds and fried them in butter and they sat and ate them like chips this morning when he got up and walked to the bathroom the first thing he noticed was no pain he looked it up on the net and they said they really helped.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I'm going to put that in the same catagory as rubbing WD-40 on them. If it seems help by all means do it. I've been chomping on jalapenos for years and never noticed pain relief for anything from them. They do taste good though.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
I take Cayenne capsules and they do seem to make OTC pain killers work quicker , at night , when I have a sinus headache.

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see an ad on TV where they have a new pain relief it is a mixture of some type of cream and CBD oil. My late wife tried the CBD oil. plain as a rub and it did no good. one Gel I have found that works pretty good is Voltaren Gel. but you need a prescription from a doctor. I get nine from the VA but all these topical things are very short lived in other words you have to repeat the rub every so often

Deaconllb

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here is a new drug for rheumatoid arthritis.
Rinvoq™ (upadacitinib) is indicated for the treatment of adults with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis.
The cost might be a factor though $5140 for 30 day supply.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I got so I couldn't close my hands my RA doctor put me on Enbrel; works great if you have good insurance( retail is $1,600 a month)

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
CBD. Read up try different brands and MG amounts. You WILL find relief.

Sometimes it’s GONE. WORST DAYS ITS TOLERABLE!

For me it took a few days to get it “working”. Drugs are like that for me they either don’t work or super high continued dosages are needed. I don’t do drugs. I have had the strongest for various serious injuries. I don’t like how I feel and they don’t release pain.

Good luck

CW

·
Registered
522 Posts
My wife was taking Humira for rheumatoid arthritis.

She got it for $5 a dose on a discounted plan.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey Fellas: if we are just talking about regular Arthritis, (not Rhumatoid Arthritis), there is some stuff they used to use in Nursing Homes for Arthritis called Dimethol Surfoxide (however properly spelled) or DMSO that works very well on swollen joints and the like. It is a transfer agent that relieves the inflamation and swelling by transferring it out through the skin. This is available over the net for right around $10 for a good sized container. This stuff is a 'oxide', which is a bit acidic or caustic if you rub it in. It is meant to be 'dabbed' on and left to sit until it starts tingling which means it is starting to work. When it tingles you wash it off with water and pat yourself dry. If you try to rub it in it may cause a rash. It works and it is inexpensive. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I have dealt with common old osteoarthritis for over forty years. Without a doubt the best thing I have ever found for relief is aIeve. I use the generic which is just as effective as the brand name, more expensive, stuff. If you take blood thinner stay away from it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I take Enbrel, it does good. Also Bragg's apple cider vinegar with mothers helped me with my stiffness and pain from RA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts