Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Morticians are nothing more than human maggots...

·
23,845 Posts
I've met some morticians that were near magicians with gunshots wounds, and car accidents.
Seeing the before and after many times I can validate that they have made families, and friends more comfortable with an already bad situation.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've met some morticians that were near magicians with gunshots wounds, and car accidents.
Seeing the before and after many times I can validate that they have made families, and friends more comfortable with an already bad situation.
Some of it is interesting to know about. I bet you have seen some pretty bad things. This lady does know her
history I'll give her that, but she's sort of an actor also. Owning a Mortuary in Beverly Hills I can just imagine
who some of her clientele have been.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Do you feel or think that they cared about the comfort felt by the friends and family? Or was it more important for them to have their work viewed as artistic perfection? Being a cop you see what a lot don’t.

·
23,845 Posts
Do you feel or think that they cared about the comfort felt by the friends and family? Or was it more important for them to have their work viewed as artistic perfection? Being a cop you see what a lot don’t.
Well, a certain funeral home buried every single member of my family for decades.
Then the owner got too old, and sold it out to some Dallas folks.
I went to them to pre-pay a funeral for my mother.
It was stupid expensive.

I went to another funeral home, and priced the same model casket, vault, service ect.
$4,000.00 less.
Ya gotta be careful dealing with businesses like this. Some WILL prey on folks at their weakest moments.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Sorry Dee. I had a bad experience lately which was why I posted the way I did.

·
23,845 Posts
Well this is a forum of everyones opinion, so your entitled to yours for sure.
The funeral home business is a way of preying on emotions to some.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've heard she is very good, especially with creamation. And she really doesn't make much money off of them.
For some of the poor, there is no charge. Bring you're own urn.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone ever dined at Donner Family Restaurant located at 1847 Donner Pass Rd. They specialize in comfort food.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would think that funeral homes are just like any other service oriented business, meaning that they are as varied in their expertise and caring as the local diner - some are great and some aren't. I also realize that everyone has their own opinion largely based on personal experience or the experience of someone they believe.
I lost my wife of 40 years just this past August. It was sudden and totally unexpected and I was/am absolutely devastated. Our local funeral home, which I was familiar with via my parents funerals, were nothing short of astounding. They helped with every aspect of the situation from notifying SS to helping with the insurance claims. There was not a single surprise or anything that was forgotten about. Yes, they got paid for their efforts but I felt that they truly cared and went above and beyond.
They're like anything else reputation, reputation, reputation.

·
23,845 Posts
Totally agree.

Post not coded

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I told my kids at last Christmas that when I die I want to be hauled to weedy fence line and dumped. My friends can then set up and shoot coyotes and crows over me. Only my son thought it was funny! The other option would be the manure spreader but then I could get hung up in the beaters.

The one thing that I do not want is a lot of expense to dispose of this empty old carcass!

·
23,845 Posts
I told my kids at last Christmas that when I die I want to be hauled to weedy fence line and dumped. My friends can then set up and shoot coyotes and crows over me. Only my son thought it was funny! The other option would be the manure spreader but then I could get hung up in the beaters.

The one thing that I do not want is a lot of expense to dispose of this empty old carcass!
Cremation AFTER death is my request.

Post not coded

1 - 20 of 35 Posts