Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
As an atheist I am highly offended by this remark! I'm just kidding, I'm not really offended. ;D

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
I think it does have its prophets--false--- and it's profits--see Madeline Murray O'Hare (sp!).
But, I agree with you it is a funny thought----I did grin.
Blessings

·
Registered
234 Posts
William,

I do not want to seem glib, but as I read your response to my sorta -hang nail- comment.....

I thought of -jon, fe352v8- and his "by-line" of: life is no joke but, funny things happen.....

It is so true.....

Amidst the most precarious of thinking (like atheism)...

Humor sometimes finds a way.....

To expose a position or line of thought for what it is.

Yet life, both here and now.....

Is too valuable for me to completely hand over to humor....

It was meant humorously, for sure....

But, sometimes I wonder if my attempts at humor inappropriately dispel the reality.....

That "life is no joke..."

I hope not....

Still, funny things do happen! ;D

JonJon

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Well explained Jon.
I still hold out hope for FE--and my hope is not in me.
Life must be taken with a certain amount of humor--it is good medicine, as the scriptures say.
I enjoy your post and thoughts.
Blessings

·
Registered
234 Posts
williamlayton said:
Well explained Jon.
I still hold out hope for FE--and my hope is not in me.
Life must be taken with a certain amount of humor--it is good medicine, as the scriptures say.
I enjoy your post and thoughts.
Blessings

And visa-versa on each point.

JonJon

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
You have two kinds of atheist; those who quietly deny the existence of God, not wanting to draw attention to themselves, and those who vocally deny the existence of God, even to the point of great effort to disprove His existence. And, I wonder to whom they are making such an effort, themselves or others; after all, no one is trying to disprove Santa Claus!

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
I really hate too say this because most will take the thought to a level not intended--but---OH heck, here goes.
There are people who will not/can't/won't believe for a number of reasons--and, the reasons matter not.
Some won't believe.
There are those who are in the church and don't believe.
The emphasis is to show the way and that is all we can do---we can't make them sway.
Blessings

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Gary said:
You have two kinds of atheist; those who quietly deny the existence of God, not wanting to draw attention to themselves, and those who vocally deny the existence of God, even to the point of great effort to disprove His existence. And, I wonder to whom they are making such an effort, themselves or others; after all, no one is trying to disprove Santa Claus!
I'm the quiet kind.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi guys: Not to start a flame here but this is an interesting forum.
There is a side ,that puts History at odds with Atheism.
One view i learned from an old professor when i was in Collage ,And it was a very Liberal Collage ,but it made everyone think.
One Story from the Bible rings out in all cultures around the Mediterranean.
He spelled it out like this :
Egypt ,at the time of Moses,was basically the worlds super power ,having an Army that was well skilled,and proven in Battle.
We all know the Story ,But why did 60 % of her Army vanish over night?
After loosing her slaves ,and her Army,Egypt really never recovered ,to be as powerful as she once was.
The Bible tells us what happened ,All the cultures around the region say what happened ,and concur with the Bible.
Time and Time again the Na-Sayers try to prove it wrong, only to really come up empty handed.
Her enemy's exploited the situation, Raiding her outer cities that once were secure.
In some writings found written by common citizens they believed what Happened.
I do not believe that some Volcano ,or some Natural disaster just up and caused all of these events all at once.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"You have two kinds of atheist; those who quietly deny the existence of God, not wanting to draw attention to themselves, and those who vocally deny the existence of God, even to the point of great effort to disprove His existence. And, I wonder to whom they are making such an effort, themselves or others; after all, no one is trying to disprove Santa Claus!"

Written and/or quoted by someone that hasn't got a clue! I am neither of the above. To me it is a non-issue. Bring me proof (NOT belief or faith) and I will dispassionately examine it. Lacking such proof, I am secure in my knowledge that the concept of "god" is quite empty. I am not vocal, except occasionally to those that do not allow me to go my own way. I really don't care if you draw attention to me, you are the ones with a problem, not me. Yep, no one is trying to disprove Santa Claus, because adults (mostly) know that there is no such being.

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
It believe that atheism is a religion. It is not organized as far as I know, but it is still a religion, a belief system. It's believers have more faith in nothing that born-again Christians have in God.

·
Registered
28,628 Posts
Atheism is little more than a selfish human not wishing to give up his vises and give respect to God Most I have met have never faced hard times or had to struggle really ! It is not a religion as they are self centered not looking for guidance , it is not really a way of life as they remain under the umbrella of religious people in society , it seems they should go off and start their own society much like the people who left the old country did to gain religious freedom or freedom from it if they are serious !
I find it offensive that people deny a supreme being , God to me yet they are offended by my religion , guess we will have to be offended ! That's OK with me .
But if there is no God where did it start ? don't list the theories just the facts ! It seems the more the Bible is tested the more it is proved !
When the ground shakes , give God a call he will hear ya !

1 - 20 of 81 Posts