Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have small shooters, a nagging knack for cobbling and a head full of saw dust!

Those things being part of my nature and inclination I am toying with the idea of making a multi-shooter platform for a bull barrel 22 Savage.
I made a wooden target stock complete with pillars and full bedding many years ago. I decided to make changes to the stock by removing and then adding material to change drop at the heel and the overall set up. However, I did not finish the upgrade and have come on another idea. I would like to attach an AR multi-position stock to the wooden stock for a hybrid setup that will allow kids to shoot the same gun with only a quick change of draw length needed.

My solution, IF it will not break the bank, is to attach a buffer tube and cheap multi-position AR stock to the existing wooden stock. The problem that I am running into is establishing a mounting "flange" or other technique that will accept the threaded end of the buffer tube. I envision the transition to be as smooth as possible. It looks as though the diameter of the threaded end of a buffer tube is 1.170" so the option of drilling an appropriate hole into the existing stock wrist is an option then using epoxy to set the pieces together.

Can anyone offer an option to join these two components?

Thanks,
lc

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
LC,

Why not simply buy a MP22 or one of the other AR 22lr semi autos available that's set up like a AR15. If you don't want to use it as a semiauto simple load one round at a time. :eek:

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
The main problem I see with what your wanting to do is how do you get the AR but stock at the right angle to rhe Woden rifle stock? The picture that comes to mind by your description would make looking through a sight system impossible with your cheek on the butt stock.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've toyed with some ideas but am basically coming up dry. I'll likely look at another fix for the existing stock. Maybe spacers that will quickly adjust.
Ruger seems to have a 10/22 with an adjustable AR style tactical stock. If one were only made for the lowly savage.

Thanks for scratchin your chin a bit anyway!
lc

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
look at a folding stock for an AK i've seen the base and the folder.....should easily attach to a wood stock....unfortunately i cant remember where.... ATI has a handgrip stock assembly that could be attached to the wrist of a woodstock changing it to a pistol grip with folding/collapsable stock.

found collapsable stock for AK's on ak-builder.com...check it out.....ak predator stock with six position aluminum tube....59.99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts