Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all you treestand hunters out there. What type of treestand do you use? (climber, hang-on, or ladder stand) What brand & model?
How long have you used this particular stand and what do you think of it?

I'm considering purchasing a new stand for this fall's deer season, and would like some input from fellow forum members. I'm leaning towards a hang-on or ladder stand, as the trees in the area I hunt are generally not suitable for climbers ( crooked & forked).

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the rivers edge tree stand

I have used this stand for the last two seasons. It is very comfortable and easy to set up. When I put it up it stays there all season. I have even fell asleep in it the rifle rest comes in handy but it is easily removed or you can swing it out the way. I hang camo burlap from my rest and it cover me from the chest down. here is what it looks like in cabelas catalog.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...edge&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

Mike H

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've used the Tree Lounge for around 10 years now and I couldn't see switching to another brand!
The only disadvantage I've found is that the Tree Lounge is heavier than most tree stands!
You can get a free video from Tree Lounge! Their web site is www.treelounge.com !

·
Registered
677 Posts
Check out Chippewa Wedge Loc

They have a web site. Have friend who has one. Really easy to hang.

Built to handle weight, and from aluminum. Buckfever

·
Registered
945 Posts
I use the "Buddy Stand" by Hunter's View.I have 3 of them.Iam very pleased with them.They are a two man stand that I use for one.....me.Did do some mods on each(more welds,pinned the ladder section,added botton rung,locktighted nylon nuts,ect....Have used 2 years.NO PROBLEMS what so ever...............Rick

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies so far! I've found one stand that interests me, the Super Star deluxe ladder stand from North Starr Treestands. I checked it out at the Cabela's showroom in Hamburg, PA. This stand is all welded aluminum construction, very lightweight (for a ladder stand) @ 25 lbs., and appears to be quite rugged. It's manufactured right here in the U.S.A. to boot!

It is a little more expensive than most but doesn't seem "overpriced" for what you get. Here's a link to their web site:
http://www.northstarrtreestands.com/super-starr.html

Does anyone have any experience with this stand (or any products from North Starr)?

I invite all comments on this or any other stand (hang-on or ladder stand - no climbers please) you could recommend.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I use ladder and climbers. I also hunt from the ground without a ground blind. I rely on my camo and scent lock suits for bow hunting. :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
I use a Tree Lounge that I bought in 1981. I like this stand a lot. It is very safe, comfortable, and the manufacture sells direct to the public. Check them out.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
My climber is a Summit Goliath and I use Rivers Edge ladder stands. I also build wooden ladder stands where people like to steel them. I had several stolen last year and replaced them with wooden stands this year.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Because we can leave our stands in place without worry of theft, I am slowly going to ladder stands because I think they are safer to climb and I can get a two seater model for my son and I. I will use a climber, but only once in a while.
The last 15 footer I bought was only $59 and came with gun rest.

pepaw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts