Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can help with more specific info, I would be grateful to learn more.

First impression I would conclude this has been kept in a foam rubber gun case; possibly surviving a fire. Close examination shows the "bubbles" where the foam stuck to the finish. The actual finish looks intact.

Further ailments include a missing or broken trigger spring, no single action function and broken grips.

It should clean up nicely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A complete tear down revealed a missing trigger spring. Interestingly, the single action sear and spring were also missing. There are no wear marks revealing they had ever been present. The action is tight and timing is correct. The revolver appears to have been used very little. Wayward punch marks near the pins show signs of previous tampering. Maybe it was cannibalized for parts early in life.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
A complete tear down revealed a missing trigger spring. Interestingly, the single action sear and spring were also missing. There are no wear marks revealing they had ever been present. The action is tight and timing is correct. The revolver appears to have been used very little. Wayward punch marks near the pins show signs of previous tampering. Maybe it was catabolized for parts early in life.
I would guess someone wanted it to be double action only. As a Saturday night special/personal defense weapon, double action is the safest carry because if it goes off, you pulled the trigger. No accident.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I expect you are right. That makes sense. It's not a feather trigger in single action, but it is much lighter than double action.

I replaced the missing pieces and gave it a once over with a soft tooth brush and some Flitz. The hard part was getting the sear spring to the correct length. Unfortunately, it still has some freckles, but I don't like to remove any metal. Most of the original finish is still there. It may improve with another round a Flitz and a soft cloth.

The grips are from "Sudden Impact". Black Russet. The material is easy to work with. I did not find them at all difficult to fit to this frame.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This would be a large frame double/single action in .32 S&W long.

I also updated the title to reflect the correct model and year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts