Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Horses make it a lot easier. But elk have a habit of running to the bottom of the deepest most brushy canyon after you shoot them.

·
Premium Member
14,631 Posts
Horses make it a lot easier. But elk have a habit of running to the bottom of the deepest most brushy canyon after you shoot them.

LOL !
They aren't supposed to run AFTER you shoot them. You need a 444 Marlin real bad.:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
We killed one once that was on a high messa and he died on flat ground. I backed the truck right up to him and loaded him into the back. Took him back to camp and hoisted him up with my singletree. But usually you half to skin and quarter them on the ground and load 2 quarters onto each horse. Takes 2 good horses to pack one out. Plus your saddle horse.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The only way to tell season change in Florida is by the calendar. As every day is just like yesterday...............

Best part is you can Bass fish every day if you want too.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
The only way to tell season change in Florida is by the calendar. As every day is just like yesterday...............

Yea those people that do that show their days catch over on FB a lot. Those are some big Bass you guys got down there.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts

A guy once told me that the only way to tell what season it is in Florida is base on your glasses.

If they fog up when you get out of your car it's summer. If they don't, it isn't summer.

Funny but likely true.

lc

·
Registered
44,135 Posts

Sadly, the next few days for you are not likely to be 'just like any other". My heart goes out to you folks...and my prayers as well !

21 - 28 of 28 Posts