Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in this morning around 7:a.m. 15 hours on the planes, 7 hours drive from Anchorage, one guard rail christened near Caribou Creek. Not bad though, just can't open that door. The roads were really bad this morning around 2 a.m. I was only going 20-25 and just slid into the thing.

Oh well!

Had a nice lunch with Matt in AK in Anchorage before I left, Thanks Matt.

Brought back 2 handguns with me on the plane and 5 boxes of 3" Brenneke 1 3/8 oz slugs for bear loads. My .445 barrel is finally here for the Contender. 13 months for a rechamber and muzzle break job :x

FedEx delivered my 1911 to someone else and that person is on vacation. Hopefully they still have it.

Need some sleep!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dave,

Welcome back, the roads were really nasty driving into town this morning. I was witness to a head on collission, that I slipped and slided and just stopped shy of piling into.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dave,

Glad you made it back safely. I hope your early return means your dad is doing well.

My son and I enjoyed lunch with you while you were in Anchorage. He thinks you look like a mountain man.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes!

After flying all over the US cramped in an airplane I feel like an old mountain man. If there was reincarination I probably was at one time an Indian, mountain man and/or someone who was used to being poor that had an old dog for a friend. I certainly wasn't a ladies man, rich or intelligent :) !

I might even trim the beard tonight as I have to go back to school on Monday. But I also need to make up some loads for the .445 to try that out tomorrow. Decisions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.