Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am back from a trapping trip to the southern climes of our nation.Funny how things work out,ended up breaking ice the first day.
The weather was to cold for gators and snakes--boy that broke my heart.Even had a smattering of snow one evening.
It was a joy to be able to set for otter and not worry about going over your limit.I also caught my first nutrias--they arent that ugly--but the dillos sure are.
When people talk about Mississippi Mud--they aint lying--spent most of the time covered from head to toe in it,the plant life was amazing--palmettos,bamboo,moss growing from the trees,and huge cypress trees--the sites were spectacular.One other highlight was rounding up a batch of baby wild hogs--they can go like 60 but they sure are cute--the sow headed for the hills--she wanted nothing to do with ugly mud covered trappers.After a few minutes of examining our prizes ,they were sent on their way to catch up with ma.Well it is good to be home ,but I sure hate the looks of that snow shovel. Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Welcome back Mudmaster LOL

:grin: Good to see ya back, an experience you wont forget. It would have been nice to have you along on my bvr line with the 2 foot thick ice or more. Shoulders are OUCH! lol. Have you got all the fur put up yet??? LOL hhe heh!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Say there bog what part of Miss were you in? Count your blessings on ma pig going the other way! Down here youda been eaten up quick! :shock:
I occasionaly hog hunt with a friend & use hounds. The really fun part is when the catch dog has the hog down & you run in & tackle the rascal :) If not careful things can go to looking like this little blue fella here> :-D but with more of an expression like this :shock: & when iyou finally get up it's like this :cry: LOL!

Tabbycat Elkins 8)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Geeze Tabby learn somethin every day...didn't know that ole Joe Duncan spent any time in Miss. :eek: Also didn't have any eyedeer that he could wrestle at his large age. :)

Boggy next year you come out here and compare mud. I'll even let you learn to skin my yotes :D

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tabby,I was down in the delta.Lots of hogs down there.
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.