Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I just got back from hunting mule deer in Wyoming area C. I had a license from the leftover draw. I only hunted public land, state, BLM, national grasslands, and walk in areas.
I saw deer every day. I hunted 4 days. I also saw a few antelope while hunting.
I used a 30-06 with nosler 150gr ballistic tip bullets and a leopold 3-9 scope.
I hunted a different area each day. I had never hunted most of these areas before. I wanted to see new country.
I stayed in motels and ate lunches and snacks from the grocery stores.
I shot a young 4X4 mule deer buck on the 4th day. I had seen a few bucks up to this time but either didn't shoot or they were too small or too far away or on private land.
I had a good time and the west is a beautiful place to hunt. If you want to shoot a trophy I would find private land to hunt or go up into the national forests.
Good luck hunting everyone.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Glad to hear U had a good time. Just got back from a rushed antelope hunt in Wyoming,- zones 27 & 29. Daughter only missed a day and half of school but got her first goat. We saw a few whitetail and mulie does but no bucks. Did see one herd of elk with a 6 x 6 bull. If we had more time, I would have liked to shoot a few prairie dogs and call coyotes. Jack rabbits were so thick the highway North of Douglas was paved with them. We tented it a couple of nights and ate out of the cooler. I did take a small stove for hot chocolate, coffee and oatmeal. Yep, its fun.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What your daughter learned, and what she will remember, will more than make up for the school she missed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts