Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several backpacks as most of you do to . I'm am useing a Camelback millitary issue assault pack . I use it for camping ,as a B.O.B also. My other backpack is a ALPS outdoors Traverse EPS . I use it for hunting ,winter camping I like it because it's big enough to load up with either gear . I I also like the ALP's pack because it's capable of hauling a long gun . What I don't like about it is I don't think it is going to be strong enough to use as a B.O.B .
Do any of you guys know of a backpack that would be better to use in that size. I want it to be firearms compatible.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Although quite expensive, Eberlestock sells some excellent packs and BOBs that carry rifles. I have been wanting one of these for a while.
https://eberlestock.com/collections/bugout-packs.

I have been using an Eagle Industries pack I bought quite a few years ago. Built like a tank, and it won't wear out and give me an excuse to buy an Eberlestock.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am retired military so have a few packs left over, some can be used as a BOB (3-day assault bag) while others are for more of a hiking or camping bag (large) use. I would look at your local military surplus and see what is available. I would look for assault bags with a National Stock Number (NSN), that way it has met the military standards. My Eagle Industries and London Bridge bags are some of my favorites, they are made pretty tough but I also have one (forget Mfg) that is made with a thinner nylon material that while it is a great bag, it just seems to be much too light for a BOB so I use it as a range bag. Most of these assault packs have molle webbing and many have sustainment pouches available that can be woven into many positions on whatever portion of the pack you need it on so you can tailor it to your needs.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I have an Eberlestock, it is quite comfortable, and so far durable.

Those who appear to have been there and done that sure say good things about Mystery Ranch. I’ve seen a couple and they do exude quality.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like Eberlestock backpacks . The one I would like to have is called the Gunslinger. I think that is the name of it. As of now $350 for a backpack is a little pricy. There is one Eberlestock makes I forget the name of it . The pack has the full scabbard also but a little less carrying capacity. I believe that I can buy accessory pockets for though . I may end up buying it. I think the smaller Eberlestock pack runs about $179-$200.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts