Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this? What is the best bait, any how should it be set up? Also, what are the drawbacks/benefits of this?Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Dave,you are setting yourself up for a letdown,if you bait triggers for ****.What you will end up with is a bunch of sprung traps.**** will try to grab the bait with their paws--not their mouths.
Instead try a baited bucket set,or a large dirt hole,with the coni at the entrance and bait in the rear.[Check your laws on legalities]. Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
****, triggers, bait

Yep listen to Bog as he is talking straight. Also use a bucket or box for coni that is at least 2 foot long. Here in Wis if you use a 220 it has to be recessed back into bucket 7 & 1/2 inches. This is to keep hounds or dogs fm getting whacked. If you use too short of a box to house coni **** will reach in instead of going in bodily to get bait. Sometimes **** dont like trigger in thier face and will reach in or refuse to work box. I use 160 conis and take coni and put it so trigger is at top and bent parallel to top jaw only approx 3/4 inch down and has eliminated ***** reaching in. Also it pays to put foothold traps near coni boxes as some will not work your box no matter what but will work dirt holes. I pick up approximately 15 % of my **** this way and alot of them are the BIG boars or larger than average **** .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts