Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new barrel today in mail. It's a 1 in 9 twist which I have a 1 in 12 and wanted something that would shoot heavier bullets so I got this new one... see pictures to help me. The new barrel seems to fit snug yet release lever does not come all the way up like on the old barrel and the new barrel will break open with out too much push on my part ( not using the release lever) observe the bullet does not go into the barrel all the way.... as it does with the old one and the ejector looks different on the bottom. Can anyone explain to me what issue,( issues) are going on here? Thanks. And NO I'm not going g to shoot the fool thing till I KNOW I have everything figured out... thanks. the old barrel has the scope on it. The new extractor does not look the same as the old one, either a slightly different design or missing a piece or,???

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did move tge extractor piece forward with my finger and bullet does go in completely. Either it's just not closing to work the extractor/ejector? Correctly or the extractor/ejector has problems... im thinking since it's not locking closed the release lever is not clearing so its not locking up.. im sure this all sounds like stupid questions but ... just asking.... probably be a trip to my gunsmith....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks lije a second generation ejector after looking at the help section. Probably take it to my gunsmith to fix it. Just cause I'm "appt" that I would risk something blowing up in my face.👍😉

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes a gap. Don't worry, I'm not going to destroy anything. I'm inept enough that I will take it to my gunsmith... im just trying to learn what's going on and what's involved in the fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts