Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any videos out there that show the proper process for fitting a used barrel on a Handi-rifle? I've recently purchased a used barrel, and would like to see exactly what's involved, and what to look for as it pertains to problems. The closest gunsmith is over 2 hours away, and even thought there are a lot of things I can't do, there are several things I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
51,500 Posts
There's no barrel fitting video that I'm aware of, there is a factory tour video and barrel fitting instructions in the FAQs sticky, the tour video doesn't show much on fitting IIRC. There is a trigger job video in the FAQs as well.

Tim

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
spruce said:
First question that comes to mind is did you try putting it together to see if it needs any fitting? If you're lucky it may not need any fitting, sometimes they don't. :)
+1, That was the first thing that came to mind. I've only had trouble with one barrel out of all the ones that I've purchased. I tried it on three different receivers, and finally came to the conclusion, that I could just trade it or sell it, and may be get lucky on the next barrel. I did have 2 barrels fitted, but they were the harder to find barrels.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
As said before try it first and see, it may fit fine. Be sure to check all the various places as outlined in the FAQ'S. Then if it doesn't fit, HOW and WHERE?

You know that would be a great project for someone to make a video of this process, but I think there are too many variables there to do an adequate job of covering each problem a person may be faced with. Maybe a familiarization video showing what to look for and where along with an explanation showing what each part is. (Hook, latch, shelf, etc.)

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
petemi said:
WLB said:
Sounds like a good project for Brian.
Do ya think he may just know how to fit a barrel? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Pete
I think he might have just a "little tiny bit" of experience. ::) ::) ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts