Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all a few weeks ago I read somewere on he greybeard forum about inserts by a ace someting, any one lead me in the right direction plese. thanks. keving

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have some cartridge conversion sleeves that work like a dream in my .308 and 30-06 that convert them down to 32 acp. I load for the 32 and also cast for it, so it makes for a cheap shooter. Believe it or not, the 32 auto shoots just about dead on with the .308 and 30-06 up to 50 yds. The one pain, and it ain't bad, it that you'll need a small dowel to remove the casing from the sleeve.

I haven't tried any of their other products, but I would bet they'll be just as good.

I would love a .308 to 7.62x25 tok sleeve, as I load those baby's to crank out at about 1600 fps. www.e-gunpart.com has the sleeves, but not the inserts.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Hope you have better luck than I have in getting in touch with him whether it be email or phone.

I wanted a chamber insert for my .303 British Infield to convert it to shoot 7.62x39.

His answering machine says that he has three jobs and is a little hard to get a hold of.

Oh, and he doesn't answer emails, at least he didn't on the last three I sent.

I think he guides, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I hope you have better luck than I did!

·
Registered
533 Posts
e-gun parts does NOT have the sleeves. They just have a bunch of links so they can collect money on click throughs.

Duckdog, I don't regard that as a useful site at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
E-gun parts, (Numrich Gun Parts Inc), does have the inserts just as I said. I have not only bought the mentioned sleeves from them, but also other gun parts and have never ran into "click throughs". As a matter of fact, I am looking at the items right now. All a person has to do is hit the search button and type in coversion sleeve under the required info, or the item number and they'll pop up.

For anyone interested, the numbers to put into the search on the e-gun parts site would be as follows:

197720: 30-06 to 32 acp
197660: 303 briish to 32 acp
197650: .308 to 32 acp

The following are shotgun shell adaptors:

881160: 12 ga to 22LR
881170: 12 ga to .357
881190: 12 ga to 9mm
881220: 20 ga to 22LR
881210: 20 ga to 357
881220: 20 g to 44 mag
881230: 20 ga to 9mm

765870 is a 45 LC to 22LR. I do have one of those and I plink with it in my NEF .45 LC/.410. I think it is for Cowboy Action shooting practice in revolvers more so than what I am doing with it

I have also had no luck getting that dude to answer back, so I just ordered from these guys. The 303, 30-08, or 308 to 7.62 x 39 would be a good one! They are fun to plink with. The 32 acp has a pretty good snap coming out of the rifle barrel. I have no doubt that they would do a good job on small game out to 25 yards, and maybe a bit more.

Chilachuck,

I hope this makes the site "more useful" for you. My intention was not to offend you or get you into some kind of spam trap. If that is what happened, then I apologize. Maybe the apparent attitude that you tried to represent with your reply to me is why a good number of people just read the posts on these sites, when they may have something constructive to add.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Duckdog, I see what happened. Take a look at what you typed in as a link and take a look at the legit site.

http://www.e-gunpart.com/

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

The one without an "s" is a parasitical site that relies on people mistyping the URL for it's income. The worst ones link to p()rn sites with lots of popups and sometimes viruses.

We both missed it. (And I'm ashamed to admit I have the "gunparts" site bookmarked.)

Sorry about jumping on your case.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Chilachuck,
My bad too! What kind of place is the net getting to be when you miss one letter in a web site and someone is trying to put stuff on your computer or screw you out of money.

Makes a guy wonder how many legitimate businesses get messed up because of a typo and people just closing out of the site they thought they were in, never to return.

My apologies too, I should have looked at what I typed in, as I just relied on my bookmark.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This makes trouble for lots of companies. I try to avoid typing in URLs because of that.

So I probably miss a lot of whatever I'm trying to find. What a pain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thank you for your help guys my buddies and I are just itching to try some inserts I'm wanting something in the range of 45 colt in a 12 ga insert with a ten inch barrel insert out of a 20" tube .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts