Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not real knowledgeable on H&R guns, so sorry for the question. Did H&R ever make a 20 gauge that came with factory screw-in chokes? I need one and I'm trying to find out if it would be more cost-effective to try and find a barrel that's already threaded or get another barrel and have it threaded by a gunsmith.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
The topper deluxe classic is the only one. Its long though 28 in and a vent rib.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would one expect to pay to have a barrel threaded for chokes?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I had my 490 Topper Jr cut to 21.5" and threaded for Remchokes. It cost me too much at $150 but it's a very sentimental gun so price was irrelevant. The reason..... the last few inches of the barrel was bent new from the factory and the smith was unable to straighten it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 20ga barrel that has rem choke I might part with. It has a mod. choke and a ext. ex full turkey choke. It is tapped for scope mount and is about 25" long. I live in southwest Arkansas and you can contact me at [email protected] Hotmail.com.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You might give Mike a try. He did some for me a few years ago and I was quite happy with the work and the cost. You can google his name and see what others say.

Michael R. Orlen
79 Salem Street
Amherst, Ma. 01002
413-256-1630
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts