Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 100 of the Beartooth 425 gr GC Hard cast bullet .460 for my Marlin 1895 CB. Has anyone tried this bullet and have a good workable load useing IMR 4198 ? :?:

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
bea175: Ii have used the Beartooth Bullets in my 444s and love them for their accuracy and performance. I have found the Beartooth loading data to be just excellent. My suggestion is to go to their website for loading data for that bullet. If their data for the 45-70 is anything like their data for the 444 (powder selection and charge, oal, velocity and group size)they are providing you with a wealth of loading information available for your immediate use. I would check their data to see how that bullet performs with 4198. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikey said:
bea175: Ii have used the Beartooth Bullets in my 444s and love them for their accuracy and performance. I have found the Beartooth loading data to be just excellent. My suggestion is to go to their website for loading data for that bullet. If their data for the 45-70 is anything like their data for the 444 (powder selection and charge, oal, velocity and group size)they are providing you with a wealth of loading information available for your immediate use. I would check their data to see how that bullet performs with 4198. HTH. Mikey.
I have already checked the web site but can't find any data for the 425 gr . I have emailed them and waiting for a reply.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
bea175: It may take a few days for Marshall Stanton to get back to ya but when he does I hope he will have the information you are looking for. Good Luck, and let us know what you hear. Mikey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
bea175, when you get your reply, would you mind posting your data? I am interested in load data for that bullet also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts