Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oprtunity to buy a beeman gs700 for a hundred bucks and I am wondering if anyone has shot one of these? Also is it powerfull enough for hunting? It is a .177 cal. This would be my first air gun since I had a crossman 880 when I was a kid. any thoughts and advice would be appreciated Ben

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I have no expernience but I'd guess the velocity is nominally 700 fps - likely a fair bit lower with most pellets. As such its likely to be marginal for serious hunting at anything beyond 15-20 yards. But hopefully some more experienced person will post. I'm pretty new, studying a lot of air gun forums for information similar to yours. I have an R7 and I'm chronographing pellets in the 480 to 670 fps range - and several other forums suggest this is marginal for game bigger than small pests.

As for price - the Beeman Precision web site lists a lot of used and reconditioned guns with prices - you might want to make a comparison.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.