Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like all the pards are out shooting up a storm. That's about the only reason I can think of for so few posts the last couple of weeks.
We'll see if "business" picks up as we get our spring shooting under our belts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Howdy CR,
I've been goin' from can to can't around here. Between the honey dos and gettin' loading done.

I just got back from Landrun over in Oklahoma. Four days of fun and friends. If I could only find a way to shoot as well as I have fun I would be winnin' matches all over the country!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Trying to cure "cabin fever" Warm air and sunshine!!!! I believe things will start picking up here again soon. Everybody's gonna be bragging or complaining, or wondering about something new, and where better than here!! :) :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
quiet

I am not sure why its so quiet....good weather for one thing... I am looking forward to shooting soon...
db

·
Registered
132 Posts
spending most of my time either on the range or in the reloading room.
When I shot that smokelss stuff for a while I could throw out enough rounds for a shoot in the blink of an eye(well almost).Now that I am back shooting BP it really takes up my time loading.

Mason(what will try to post more)Stillwell :wink:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
lesee here..CAS, garden, job, CAS, kids, lawn mowin, CAS, car repairs, CAS, Kids, job, CAS, Garden, lawn mowin, CAS, Kids.............

Get the idea! :wink:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mason, my reloading got slower when I started casting my own boolits and lubing them. Using black powder don't make no never mind in my set-up since I am loading on progressive press, but it does take extra time to smelt lead, cast boolits, size boolits, lube boolits. Sure as H377 saves some script though; plus ya gets way more harmonoius result.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well PRS you are right. Although I have found that the PRS /Lee 6 cav mould greatly speeds up things at my little casting factory.

Now if I could just trade off one of my 550's and get one of those new fangled 650's I would be set.

Mason.

Any thoughts on the 200 gr PRS 6 cav mould???? :wink:
Almost forgot. The Star lube sizer is the best investment I have made in quite some time.
Really speeds up the process

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mason, I am probably mistaken as usual, but can't you upgrade a 550 to a 650?
You are right though, the 650 works great. I have had zero problems with mine and it sure does the job.

I want to put on my wish list that PRS will get a mold going for the vast amounts of us .358dia shooters. Hint, hint. I am getting into casting and would sure like to have a good BP boolit. I am starting with just balls for my C&Bs, but it won't be long before I get a supply of them and need to venture out. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts

Heck I am still using a 450 I think it makes fewer mistakes because ya have to pay such close attention to whats going on...I did however make up a powder charge check die out of an old die and a wooden dowel.. works like a charm....heck my 6 year old daughter came out when I was reloading and said cooooolllll. Dad
DB

·
Registered
132 Posts
Howdy I know one can upgrade an AT500 to a 550 . The 650 has a compelatly different frame.
If I could upgrade I sure would.

Pete :cry:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, you are right. On the plus side Mason, you would probably have no trouble at all selling your 550 :grin:

I was thinking of getting a case feeder for my 650, since that is the only trouble I have, forgetting to keep my case tube filled. Maybe I will get one for Christmas. I just ordered up enough stuff to get into bullet casting and that should keep me busy for a while. If I disappear from posting you will know the stuff came and I am outside, scratchin' my head and figuring out how to make some decent bullets. :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Heyya Howdy

I have the case feeder for my 650. It works very well.....until I forget to put more cases in it! In my instance the case feeder still didn't make it "FOOL" proof!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts