Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't looked at gun prices in a while except for Questor Jr's new rifle but decided to do a bit of window shopping the other day. Man oh man am I glad I bought my guns when I did. They seem to be rocketing up in price. Am I correct or did I just see some things that made an unwarranted impression on me?

By the way, I wish I had bought 100 more S&W model 41s. The identical model to mine is now going for twice what I paid for mine about six years ago. They're up close to $1000 now!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, that price range covers a lot of territory! ;D I suppose it all depends on what is important to the prospective shooter. I shoot a stainless Colt XSE and love it. That doesn't prevent me from ogling the Wilson Combat 1911's at about $2500. I would love to have a Wilson, but probably never will. It isn't that important to me. I would rather spend $2500 on a Beretta Silver Pigeon, or a custom-built Model 70, or something. Others will no doubt feel differently.

Yeah, I wish I had bought more of a lot of guns, not only S&W 41's, but Colt SAA's, .22 Peacemakers, Diamondbacks, and so on!! One I never did get was a Browning Medalist. Man, I need so many more guns!! ;D ;D And, for sure, your observation that guns are rocketing up in price has not escaped me either!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Questor,
It depends on what you want/need in a 1911. Rock Island Armory has a fine G.I. model and their Tactical model is a fine weapon too....both within the $300s (depending on where you live).

Good hunting, Bowhunter57[/color]

·
23,089 Posts
depends on what you want. Is it a consealed carry gun or a target gun or something you want to do double duty. Kimbers are hard to beat for the money. I also like colts and stis.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Don't know anything about cheap guns------------ ;D
Savage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts