Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the slug that y'all have had the best results with out of the 20 ga ultra slug barrel. This includes accuracy, terminal performance and any other crteria you can think of. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is no best slug for the USH (accuracy), you have try different brands and see which brand shoots best. I would start with 3" Remington AccuTip, or what brand you can find cheap.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you're only looking to shoot 50-75 yards, I'd try Brenneke first. They work well in both smooth bore and rifled barrels. If you're wanting maximum effective range out well past 100 yards, then the previously mentioned 3" Remington Accutips should be tried. If your gun (and you) shoots them well, you can look at an effective range of at least 150yds.

But, as mentioned, all guns are different. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried the 3in Hornady SSTs and they shot ok. Id feel confident hunting with them but I saw room for improvement. I also tried 3in Remington Accutips and the group was tighter. I will say that before I tested the accutips I did the O-Ring under forend mod so it could of been that. Took a small spike last year with an accutip. Worked well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts