Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a full size synthetic stock for a rossi single shot to replace one on a youth tri-fecta. I very carefully explained to the customer service person who took the order what I was doing and what I needed. I was assured I would receiver the large size stock. Well I received another youth size stock, the packing slip said size large but it was not. I called cust service at Rossi and they said return it for credit, which I did and tracking shows it was delivered back to them on 11/29/18. I did not receive a credit and after many calls to Rossi cust service I called my credit card co. to tell them of this situation. The credit card co. (amazon card) issued me the credit today 1/17/19. In one of the conversations with various cust service staff at Rossi I learned they just sent the wrong one because they didn't have the correct one. I'm out $10.33 for the return frt because of their mistake. If you order from Rossi you had better hope you get the right part because they don't want to give you your money back even if they make a mistake.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I ordered a full size synthetic stock for a rossi single shot to replace one on a youth tri-fecta. I very carefully explained to the customer service person who took the order what I was doing and what I needed. I was assured I would receiver the large size stock. Well I received another youth size stock, the packing slip said size large but it was not. I called cust service at Rossi and they said return it for credit, which I did and tracking shows it was delivered back to them on 11/29/18. I did not receive a credit and after many calls to Rossi cust service I called my credit card co. to tell them of this situation. The credit card co. (amazon card) issued me the credit today 1/17/19. In one of the conversations with various cust service staff at Rossi I learned they just sent the wrong one because they didn't have the correct one. I'm out $10.33 for the return frt because of their mistake. If you order from Rossi you had better hope you get the right part because they don't want to give you your money back even if they make a mistake.
i see your not the only one complaining about them
https://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/rossi-customer-service.127808/

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I believe their quality control is a real mess also.Three brand new revolvers, all with cylinder problems. Locked up right out of the box. After sending in all three, two did the same exact thing. New Judge the front sight fell off first shot. Sold them all with a loss. Never again.

·
24,482 Posts
I believe their quality control is a real mess also.Three brand new revolvers, all with cylinder problems. Locked up right out of the box. After sending in all three, two did the same exact thing. New Judge the front sight fell off first shot. Sold them all with a loss. Never again.
That was with a judge? Our preacher has one and he likes it. But thanks for the heads up i was thinking
about buying one. I guess i'll stick with my Stoger 410 double barrel.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Yea the judge was an impulse buy. Actually not too bad but when the front sight tube fell out I was a little upset. Told Taurus what happened and they wanted me to pay for shipping and send it back. Finally ordered a replacement on my dime and fixed it and sold it. That was the last Taurus I've had.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Forgot to add if you get a good one that they in fact could be a good defense gun. Some people are snobs about 410 but I think the would definitely work

·
24,482 Posts
Forgot to add if you get a good one that they in fact could be a good defense gun. Some people are snobs about 410 but I think the would definitely work
Texas, i would only want it for snakes which last year were a real problem. I gave up on using the Taurus Tracker on them they move around like they are on meth. Just staying with the double barrel and the 870.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Texas, i would only want it for snakes which last year were a real problem. I gave up on using the Taurus Tracker on them they move around like they are on meth. Just staying with the double barrel and the 870.
Yea I think you're right there 12 gauge all the way.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Argent, You’re 100 % right. Watched a friend empty his .357 at a copperhead one day. Sort of funny watching it escape unharmed! Had good results with .44 shot in a 9.5” Ruger Super Redhawk. Great fun shooting the field rats when you’d jump em with the bush hog. Always preferred a S&W or Ruger for revolvers.

·
24,482 Posts
Argent, You’re 100 % right. Watched a friend empty his .357 at a copperhead one day. Sort of funny watching it escape unharmed! Had good results with .44 shot in a 9.5” Ruger Super Redhawk. Great fun shooting the field rats when you’d jump em with the bush hog. Always preferred a S&W or Ruger for revolvers.
I don't know if it's just the coon tails but i don't see other rattlers acting like that. They hiss, buzz and
slither all over the place ducking and dodging. It's hard to keep a bead on them with just a revolver.
So "Bam" 12 gauge centre mass that slows there little dance down quite a bit.

But folks around here sure did get a lot of them last summer. Making us think they had a den somewhere
around here. Other rattlers will try to coil up, but not these and they are very aggressive. They will start
to come at you.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
For those who may not know Rossi has notified owners of certain model and year of manufacture 357/38 special revolvers not to use them. Details as to which guns are affected are on the Rossi website. I am still awaiting notification to return the gun for repairs. My notice came in November I think. They may not have a fix for the problem yet?? The way things are going I wont hold my breath. No more Taurus or Rossi for me!

·
Registered
582 Posts
A couple of years ago I bought a 3 inch Rossi 357 mag for a nightstand gun. It spit lead a little and wasn't that accurate with Mag or 38 Spl ammo but as it was a nightstand gun it didn't bother me. Last Oct I got the Rossi letter and sent it in on their dime. about 6 months after that I got an e-mail saying it would be replaced and Rossi wasn't making revolvers anymore they would send a Taurus and it would be a 2 inch as Taurus doesn't make a 3 inch. I asked for a 4 inch and they agreed to send one. 10 months after I sent my Rossi in I received a matte black model 65 Taurus. It is a world above the Rossi in quality that I sent in, and it is way more accurate also but then my Taurus Mdl. 85 was more accurate than the Rossi.. I'm happy with the swap.

Steve............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts