Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent a POMO to a Denise Avery for $180.00 for a barrel which I have not received I keep sending E-mail to which he or she has made numerous excuses why he hasn't mailed the barrel for the last week all my E-mails have not been answered He or she has made no more excuses

·
Super Moderator
50,883 Posts
I take it this isn't a GBO member, neither name comes up in the membership.

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a fake name for Balwant Achaibar mentioned in an earlier post. He is using an address out of Lawnside NJ that, if you Google his name, you will find. I noticed something interesting about him too, other than the fact that he uses about a dozen different scam email addresses and names. If you search his name and look at images of him, there is one in which he is posing with a leather jacket. If you look at a Google earth view of the address he is using, he actually is using his real name and address. The ground around him in the photo can be seen at that address in Lawnside NJ on the Earth image. It is amazing to me that, with all of the people he has scammed, many of which he did using his real name and address, that the police have not become involved in it. This one seems like a no brainer that, with all of the scamming going on, the police should take action against since it seems relatively easy to investigate.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The address I sent the POMO too is a one Denise Avery, 3781 Highway 77 Russellville AL. 35654

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I filed a complaint with the postal inspectors as I paid with PO MO and sent in a priority Mail envelope I submitted all the documentation and all the e-mails we'll see what happens I am going to Florida and am taking a detour and going to knock on their door I will have my gun with me as I have a Federal carry permit not that I will use it but one never knows when you confront B$#@#@! like that

·
Super Moderator
50,883 Posts
Good luck, Lou, don't do anything that gets you in trouble instead of that scumbag, it ain't worth it. :tango_face_plain:

Tim

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found out from another that this guy is known he said he responds to WTB post and say he has the item he is very polite and seem to go out of his way to make you believe him I am at fault I should have checked to see what kind of feedback he had My Bad I advise any one placing a WTB add check and recheck he may be using other names and if he is using another name do not even think of sending payment to a one Denise Avery Russellville Alabama

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I hoe you put the fear of God into him/her! Don't get in trouble, though.

~WH~

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Might want to consider going to the police dept. in that community and filing a complaint right there (take all your documentation with you and leave your defense piece locked in the car ; check for reciprocity of your permit there too, even having it locked up might get you in trouble!).

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gcrank1 No problem my cc permit is good in every state I will go to the Police department and inquire just what I have to do to file a complaint I may have to go before a judge and make the complaint I just learned he (sales10001 has replied to WTB on just about every sight there is He is well know wish I had known

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have learned this guy frequent several sights and he has bilked many he responds to WTB ads and says he has what you are looking for He request a POMO or a Walmart MO he then asks you to send it priority mail and furnish a tracking number He wait at the address for the mail to come he then takes and uses acetone to remove the name on the money order with his and then cashes it Everyone don't be taken like I was when you receive a reply to a WTB ad you posted make sure you check where he found your ad and what is his name on the sight I bet you will never hear from him again if you ask this simple question [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts