Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had advertised here looking for a bolt for a Rem 600 rifle with a .472" bolt face. Received a pm from winchesterlord12 (zero post count) to contact Fred Sandler ([email protected]). I send an inquiry to Fred and he sends pics of the bolt. Looks good except it appears to possibly have a magnum bolt face. I ask if it is a .308 Win. (.472") bolt face and ask for a bolt face picture as well. He assures me it it a .308 bolt face and sends another picture of the body but not the face.

I then google "Rem. 600 bolt" and find the exact pictures and this very same item for sale at a gun parts store. It is a magnum bolt face... I then offer to send a personal check or USPS money order and ask him to send mailing info. Fred/Tom reply he will ONLY take Zelle. I tell him I don't have Zelle and don't even know what it is, thanks anyway. Haven't heard from him since.

I believe this Zelle is for bank to bank transactions. The only identifiers used are account numbers. I really don't know or care but I didn't like the way this went and wanted to tell all.

I could be wrong but don't think so. Be careful.

old scar

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
On another forum, I’ve had two responses to my WTB adds from new members with zero post count. Always the same MO. Contact this guy at this email address for the exact part you are looking for. They got banned.

Someone’s targeting WTB posts. Be careful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts