Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone hear rate the bfr . i have been thinking on getting one for fun and Deer hunting hear in the northeast . wanting a 10" barrel, i am thinking on the 30/30 i already have a great hunting handgun in my 7.5" super redhawk 454 which weighs in at 3plus pounds i figure a 5.5 pound 30/30 would be fun to shoot and give me a second choice to pick from when i go deer hunting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Greetings
Have one in 454 and 475 Linebaugh. They both are very accurate. They both have faster twists (1-15) than most all revolvers so it is easy to shoot big heavy for caliber cast at slower velocities. Cylinders are longer than most revolvers so a heavy bullet can be seated farther out and thus more space in the case for slow powders which are better for cast bullets. Both revolvers are very well made. Very good tolerances. Nothing loose or sloppy. Not the high polished finish of a freedom but also half the price. I happily will shoot my 475 many years to come when up north there.

Have only read about the 30-30's. So far all I have read is they work very well. A BFR is built like a Main Battle Tank so you do not have to baby it.
Personally I do not like those long cylinders... so I will probably never have a 30-30 , 375 or anything that needs that long cylinder. That is why I have the two I do. It just looks like a balanced revolver. But there is only one way to chamber rifle cartridges and the BFR's do it well.
Mike in Peru

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 7.5" BFR in 454, it's a real nice gun. Quality wise I see as somewhere between a Ruger and a Freedom Arms, certainly well built and finished guns. I've read of others who have had the 30-30 version and seem to like it, but overall it's tough the beat the BFR for an accurate well made single action that won't break the bank. Here's mine:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts