Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
You are really limited to porro prisms at that price point to acquire a decent view. If you could just spend $50 more you could get a lot better glass, some even phase-corrected roofs. The Bushnell Legend 8x42mm porros are about your best bet. Bushnell 7x50mm Marine porros are another option. The Minolta Classic Sport 8x42mm porros are surprisingly servicable at $80.

Audubon Intrepid 8x40mm $119
Bushnell Legend 8x42mm porros $104
Bushnell 7x50mm Marine porros $108
Minolta Activa WP FP 7x35mm $125
Minolta Classic Sport 8x42mm porros $80
Minolta Activa WP FP 8x40mm porros $130
Minolta Activa WP FP 7x50mm porros $130
Nikon 7x35 Action Extreme porros $130
Pentax 8 x 40 PCF WP II porros $119

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
You might want to consider looking for a used pair of good Bino's. If you intend of glassing all day, your eyes will thank you. I found cheap Bino's give me a headache. I went and got some Zeiss Bino's and no more headaches and my eye are not straining while looking through them. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
In that price range you'd be better to stay with a porro prism glass. I have not seen any real standouts for the $, but the bushnells are pretty good. I'd advise to save some more money and get some Nikon Monarchs if possible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Greetings!

rockymtn eagle said:
I'm looking to buy some bino's but only have $100 to spend, is there anything decent out there for the price?
Yes.. you can get an EXCELLENT pair of compact roof prism binoculars that are waterproof, fogproof, and have very good optics with an exceptionally wide field of view. They are only about $80. For details, check out my reply to this thread:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=66466

Best wishes,
Bawko

1 - 5 of 5 Posts