Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Tracker chambered for the 17 HMR. I've tried for awhile to "justify" this. What would this gun do that some other would not? What game would this gun be perfect to hunt with? I finally quit thinking about all this and bought it for no other reason than I wanted it.
So far about the only thing I don't really care for is the sights. Red ramp/white outline sights are difficult to shoot precisely. What are the scope mount options are available?

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Before you look into getting a scope for it (which is fine) you may want to look at replacing your factory sights with the fiber optic sights such as Hi Viz and Tru Glo. These sights are GREAT and I think that they make them for your gun.

Zachary

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but fiber optic sights are more of the problem I have with the present sights. I may blacken the colored sights with smoke. Just can't shoot a gun with colored sight to its potential.

·
Registered
667 Posts
17 hmr tracker

Keep us informed as to how it shoots. I have been looking at same gun for exactly the same reasons (it would look good next to my 22lr tracker).

It is likely that other manufactures will make ammo soon and price will come down?

Good luck,
Fred :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shot two seven shot groups @25 yards today with the Taurus 17, the first with the colored sights measured 2.71", the next group was fired with the sights blackened it measured 1.00". The average velocity was 2060 fps. Temperature 25 degrees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts