1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Black Friday is the day I avoid going anywhere near a shopping mall. ;D

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
When I hear about doors being pushed in and people even being killed in the rush I wonder what would posess a sane person to join that heard of goats. I told my kids that one time and it made sence to them. It would have called for an attention knott if they hadn't. (Thump them on the head and say "listen to me!" Thump gently the first time.) eddiegjr

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drive past a Walmart on the way to work. I went by there about 6:30 this morning and the parking lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. I hope there aren't any trampling deaths today.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
My Daughter- in- law went shopping early this mourning and she said that she saw people camping in tents, in the parking lot of Best Buy. Some people are just plain nuts.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This reminds me of the Minnesota walleye fishing opener and deer hunting opener. It's just crazy. Consequently, I don't fish on the opener unless I'm going to some out of the way creek that gets no attention, and I will not hunt public land during the deer opener. Every yahoo in the state is out on those days, and my aim is to avoid them. Similar with the trout fishing opener. Go out on the opener and a lot of people are fishing. A week later you've got most streams to yourself for the remainder of the season.

Camping in tents at best buy? Amazing! Did they have campfires?

There's a Cabelas within driving distance of me. I wonder what that's like today. (And no, I'm not going.)

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
Once and only once in my life time have I gotten out that day to shop. It was several years back. We needed a new computer for our youngest son Phil and Wal-Mart had some listed at a really good price so rather than have Matt build one for him. We got up in the dark to get there at the stated opening time and actually arrived ahead of the stated opening time. They were already open and from the number of folks in the store obviously had been awhile.

They had none of the computers they had in their ad in stock and when I asked they told me they had only one of them to start with. We came home and went back to bed. I never have and don't expect I ever will get out on this day again to shop.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I can't stand to shop to begin with so going where people are in masses and mean...NO THANKS!

Heather

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GB:

You're lucky to be alive, man! I've heard horrible tales of struggle and hand to hand combat when they put those computers on sale. They always seem to have a bait and switch with deals like that.

One inviolable law I live by is: if it needs to be durable, don't buy it at Walmart. I honestly believe that they sell inferior versions of durable goods. I gave up on things like radios and clocks long ago from Walmart. I've even bought Winchester AA 20 gauge loads there with the intention of reloading them, and the hulls split on the first firing. I've never had that happen with any other shotshell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts