·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Do gangbanger/thug lives matter? :-\

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently they do to O'Malley...apparently even more than that young lady murdered in San Francisco...and more than the 4 Marines and the sailor murdered in Charlotte!

I'm waiting to hear some reporter to have enough guts to ask each Democrat candidate in turn..if white lives, indeed all lives, matter as much as black lives.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Why not clear some of the air here?

Back about 1989 there was a tsunami in Bangladesh.... as I recall it killed about 90,000 people--at least directly that they could tell. One of my co-workers at the time , a fine Christian worker was really effected by this-- tears rolled down her cheeks-- she had several times over the next several days that she was pretty broken up over it. I watched the news video briefly--- my reaction was I am glad I lived more than 4 feet above sea level. She was puzzled and somewhat angry at my reaction. Did I not care???

In a word .... NO.

All lives matter-- yes. What does that mean ?? It means that NO lives matter.

If all lives are EQUAL in value--which persons here contradict themselves themselves on minute by minute-- then we should accord each its proper weight and value. Everyone is someone's child, father, mother, son, daughter --etc. They are loved by someone, and their loss is a tragedy. Every year over 55 MILLION people die-- the manor of death varies but in the end they are all just as dead. Quite often we "honor" deceased (of noteworthy persons) with a "minute of silence'. Assuming all lives theoretically are equal- they should all get their minute of silence. There are 31 million SECONDS in a year-- so if we gave only ONE_HALF SECOND of thought to each- we would never think of anything else or ever speak again.

All of the poeple I "care" about could be fit into a large van. Those that rate notice would fit into a commercial airliner. The rest are for all practical purposes irrelevant. When my parents died I was a young adult. They were important in my life. When they died I had duties and responsibilities to fulfill. My life was changed greatly. My siblings also- but much less than mine. I had to pick out burial clothes, a coffin, a mortuary, file insurance claims, deal with creditors. Even more immediate- feed livestock, and water and feed pets , even Mothers house plants. My life came to a stop until I had taken care of business for them. My siblings were involved, but they were not THERE, they had families and jobs and lives of their own that had to take precedence. The assisted as they could.
Some others sent flowers, brought over spaghetti, were ushers or Pall Bearers etc. The day following the funeral- all went back pretty much normal for them. Close friends and my siblings were more effected-- but after a few weeks much went back to routine for them also. For myself it was much longer-- but I also had to go back to work, pay bills, dispose of belongings- livestock etc. That was 32 years ago for my last parent. I received a check last week for 10 CENTS from Chase Morgan for some stock dividend --addressed to my father. Some things linger.

The point being-- we each have our own place in the world-- we are each important to SOMEONE--- and each also don't mean crap to everyone else- nor SHOULD we. This is why when the slowest wildebeest in the herd falls prey to the lion the herd stops running and goes back to grazing. The lion is done for the day. The fact that Charlie is now dinner is unfortunate for him-- but his parent is now grazing 30 yards away-- because he is gone and she still needs to eat. When I die--- there will be a van load of sad people. A plane load may comment on the obit. The rest of you will never notice. That is as it should be.

When circumstances rise to the point of notice we all will take some action. A railroad crossing where too many accidents occur, a medicine that too many people take and have bad results, a product with too many failures. That is where we are now. The herd needs to notice. There has been to many lost at this water hole. We need a change in plans. I do not care about YOUR problems--but now your problem is causing ME a problem. Which soon will mean YOU have a problem. Lets work together to solve THE problem- so we can all return to our scattered lives in anonymity as they should be.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
From the eyes of the state, all lives should be regarded equal, and laws and protections should apply equally - regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age. Individuals can operate on the basis of affinity, but societies and governments that proclaim to be just and fair cannot.

The term matter here is being used to identify not celebrity or admiration, but rights to life, liberty, equal treatment by police. In that regard, the lives of all citizens should matter, regardless of melanin levels.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
TN --you are exactly right. All lives should matter equally. And just as certainly we all know-- they don't. Governments, corporations, families----are all constructs-- in the end there are ONLY individuals. Just like a wall is made of bricks- or a chain of links-- the whole is limited by the capacity of the part. Trying to pretend that complete neutrality can be maintained is a fantasy. We must just do the best we can.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re:

In the eyes of government or those elected to government, all lives should be equally valuable..else they don't deserve to be in office. ..but as twoshooter pointed out, there are obviously some who think certain lives matter more than others..as O'Malley found out when he said; "Black lives matter, white lives matter, all lives matter."
He was quickly informed by the crowd that he was wrong , because black lives matter more. The most shameful part was where O'Malley backed water and apologized for saying all lives matter![/color]

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
Fool should have addressed the repeated questions of whether he "understood" the difference with one word, "Yes!" and then he shoulda shut up or asked for the next question.

Black Lives Matter...where all this crap started, means blacks are different, meaner, less educated, lack IQ, can't keep up, require Affirmative Action, are to be tolerated when they riot, have a chip on their collective shoulder, want reparations for something they have never been - slaves, are "disenfranchized", and among other things will oppose white authoritarianism in any form, because that's what blacks do.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
This isn't going to be pretty when people realize what was just said, and it'll be even worse if someone spineless like him gets elected. I mean, one traitor/racist/muslim/POS pretending to be president has caused a lot of damage already, another one or three like him and we will all be looking back at today as "the good ole peaceful days".

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Twoshooter;
I don't see where your reply #5 has "cleared the air" at all. The question is simple and straight forward.. Do white live, indeed all lives, count as much as black lives?
It is curious, is it not..that I have never considered my life or the lives of family and loved ones as "white lives", but simply as God given lives. It appears to me that anyone who thinks in terms of black, white, brown, red or yellow lives..would themselves be some kind of racist!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
ironglow said:
Twoshooter;
I don't see where your reply #5 has "cleared the air" at all. The question is simple and straight forward.. Do white live, indeed all lives, count as much as black lives?
It is curious, is it not..that I have never considered my life or the lives of family and loved ones as "white lives", but simply as God given lives. It appears to me that anyone who thinks in terms of black, white, brown, red or yellow lives..would themselves be some kind of racist!

Yes all lives should matter equally. However, it is very clear that they don't for many people. The Kate Steinle shooting is a case in point. One of the primary reasons her death made national news is because of who she was. She was an attractive, young, white woman that was randomly shot in a nice part of town. If she would have instead been a black woman killed by a stray bullet in a housing project the death likely wouldn't have made the front page of the local paper let alone national TV. Poor minority woman get killed all the time in bad parts of towns all over the country. If they all got the level of attention as Kate Steinle the press wouldn't had time to talk about anything else.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JSH1 said:
ironglow said:
Twoshooter;

Yes all lives should matter equally. However, it is very clear that they don't for many people. The Kate Steinle shooting is a case in point. One of the primary reasons her death made national news is because of who she was. She was an attractive, young, white woman that was randomly shot in a nice part of town. If she would have instead been a black woman killed by a stray bullet in a housing project the death likely wouldn't have made the front page of the local paper let alone national TV. Poor minority woman get killed all the time in bad parts of towns all over the country. If they all got the level of attention as Kate Steinle the press wouldn't had time to talk about anything else.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ohhh, so the deaths of neither Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner, nor the recent suicide of Sandra Bland made the news? Are you sure of that?
The only real difference I see, is that no riots, burning or killing followed the death of Kate Steinle !

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
ironglow said:
Ohhh, so the deaths of neither Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner, nor the recent suicide of Sandra Bland made the news? Are you sure of that?
The only real difference I see, is that no riots, burning or killing followed the death of Kate Steinle !

All the above deaths with exception of Martin involve the police. That is why they made the news. Trayvon Martin was killed by a wanna be cop.

Are you really trying to argue that the media response would be the same if Sanchez had killed someone in an inner city housing project?

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
JSH1 said:
ironglow said:

All the above deaths with exception of Martin involve the police. That is why they made the news. Trayvon Martin was killed by a wanna be cop.

Are you really trying to argue that the media response would be the same if Sanchez had killed someone in an inner city housing project?

I believe you made a statement earlier that if the media reported on poor minority woman killed they wouldn't have time to report on anything else. Its true for example that african americans of every gender are 4 times more likely to be the victim of homicide in America than any other demographic. Its also true that they are nearly always victims of other african americans, with rare (and highly popularized) exception. So it would seem that black lives do not matter to black people, to use the language of the OP article.

But this is really a farce, since it is now held firmly that race is an artificial social construct - there is no biological distinction to point to. Color politics are really just a bat to beat others with, or claim victimization. Truth is, there really is only a human race. And all of us matter. Seems to me if we're really interested in ending racism, we'd stop using color words like "minority" and address this as a "we" problem as opposed to a "us and them" problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts