Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a local candy store, saw a Gardner .30-30 with Schnabel forearm, it had what appeared to be a Black Lacquer butt stock and forearm and rubber recoil pad. Is this a factory finish? They were asking $150.00 in good condition...... do I need this or pass?

Thanks CZVZ

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
you did buy it right? . . . .

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Who cares about the stock! They can be replaced. Buy it!!! ;D

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
What everybody already said.

A 30-30? You didn't buy it already. ::) :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was it a topper? I have 3 toppers that have black paint finish on them but none have the Schnabel forend.

No, it wasnt a Topper.... I already have a .30-30, so I'm somewhat hesitant.......I'm sure my wife will understand though........ :-\ One can't have too many 30 - 30's. If it's still there I will put in on layaway. Assuming Im not in Divorce court, pictures following.

Thanks for the reassurance!
CZVZ

·
Super Moderator
51,491 Posts
NEF and H&R 1871 made the Topper Deluxe with a black painted stock also, it would be real easy to either paint a 30-30 Handi stock black or swap a Topper stock since the stocks and most forends are interchangeable on all modern and most late vintage H&Rs.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/topper.asp

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Buy it, and if you don't like the black wood just get a dip kit and dip it using a camo pattern, or any patern they have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.