Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,830 Posts
Made a post of my own on this last November & is on page 1 of Outdoor Experiences.
This was the first time that I had seen one but I remembered a time when the black yote was worth a fifty dollar bill.
Had talked to a fur buyer though who claimed that the hair would slip due to breeding with domestic which made them worthless.
Would still make a great mount though.

· Registered
2,830 Posts
Varmit_master
We do see alot of red colorization in the yotes here. The Bio people suggest a cross between the yote & red wolf near the turn of the century.
(Hence, the Eastern Coyote) Some of these are quite large & I have personally taken one that went over 50lbs.
We also have a smaller, meaner variety that the biologist suggest is a cross between the coyote & wild dogs (the dogs that were here when the Indians were). Some people have claimed to have been treed by them but it has been my experience that they will get out of my way quickly if I am detected.

Bim
I have heared alot of argument in your favor. These stories include torn up or missing dogs.
I have known of a case though where a farmer used a hammer to get two yotes off/away from his (in heat) collie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.