Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a BLR mag. in .308 on a auction site for less than 10.00$ and was wondering if the .308 would except the .358win cart. since its based on the .308 shell? I didn't want to buy it, if it wasn't going to work. :D

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Suds - I think the BLR also came chambered in the 358 but I'm not certain. Since the 358 is based on the 308 case it should fit the magazine. If it is a 358 you are looking for I'm certain the BLR could be rebarrelled in that caliber, I think. You may want to drop on down to the Gunsmithing forum with this question and ask the Gunnut for his input. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Suds-no problem. At one time saw BLR mags marked .243-.308-.358. Feed lips of the BLR mag only bear on the case body from shoulder down so neck and caliber are of no consequence (for cartridges based on same case). Mikey-if looking for a BLR .358, just trot down to the gunshop. They are available, new on the rack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Blackhawk, thats exactly what I wanted to know! The clip or mag is now up to 23.00 , with 5.00 shipping ,so if I can get it for under 35.00 total its a good buy..... thanks again....... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts