Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking that I might want to go with a SS version of a Ruger Vaquero rather than a blued version on account of the cleaning process after using BP.
Any thoughts pro or con?
Thanks,
CR

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Upkeep of the stainless is a little easier, but not enough for you to get a stainless if your preferences run more toward the blues. Personaly I much prefer the apperance of the stainless, so I get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use stainless and like the freedom of fear of scratching it. My son shoots blue/cs roogers and they clean just as well as mine.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have stainless RVs too. I thought they may be nasty in the bright sunlight, but if you black the sights they are fine. Pluses with BP is you can see any buildup in tight spots. You get a steel ejector housing and they look great too. Around here when I got mine a few years back they were running about $25 more, now I see them for the same money around $400. I slapped a wolf spring kit and some gunfighter grips on and they have been flawless performers. I started out with a couple of colt clones and they were something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I shoot a pair of stainless Vaqueros in .44-40 with the Eagle "Gunfighter" grips and they clean up quickly and don't bind up for an entire match. I spray down the muzzles after about 5 stages with a water-filled "allergy inhaler" and never have any problems. And as Howdy says, you don't have to worry about the finish. :grin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I been using one blue and one stainless for some time now. Cant tell a nickle's worth of difference in clean up.
BP comes right off both of them!!!
Hope this helps.
Mason

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have used both as well. Go with what you like. I use stainless, but I'm like Butler, I like the look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts