Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting together a Blackhawk and wanted to see if anyone knew where to find blueprints on the web.

I haven't settled on the specifics at this point, just circling the wagons.

Thx!

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
blackhawk

Not sure where you're going, but I'm sure blueprints are not available. If you want to hand make a Ruger Blackhawk from scratch, it would be a formidable task, and trusting the strength and safety of the result is questionable. If you want a "kit", you can buy most all the parts except the receiver frame from Brownells. A store-bought gun would be much cheaper, in any case.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Only a guess but I would try looking in the pat. office area it would seem that a blueprint would be necessary as to recieve a pat. on something, just a thought good luck in your venture, but if you copy anything that has got a pat. on it be prepared to PAY :D JIM

·
Registered
31 Posts
blueprints for blackhawk

Most manufacturers consider prints as propriatary information to prevent people from copying their products which could bring a plethora of lawsuits when someone tries to copy their products and the gun blows-up in their face. The prints contain specifics on hardness, tolerances, materials to properly manufacture that product. Any insider at Ruger caught handing out prints would most likely be out of a job soon not to mention , opening himself up to possible prosecution+

·
Registered
283 Posts
You might want to check into the Federal Firearms Laws before you become a manufacturer of firearms, unless you're already liscensed as such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts