Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
A bartender once explained to me that there were legal standards as to what was allowed to be called beer, wine, etc., based on alcohol content. Hence the malt liquors and other fine lines. The problem is most people don't understand those differences as it all tastes / looks like beer to them. The marketing folks are also partially to blame here as they will happily blurr those lines when it is to there benefit. So I suppose I come down on the side of sell it, just be sure it is labeled distinctly and marketed correctly. Mn. must be one of the states requiring the distinctions.

You also have the tax aspects that really have the regulators wound up, if the truth were told. All these little bar size brewers must give them fits keeping track of how much alcohol they are producing and paying tax on.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shootall:

That occurred to me too. It would seem that it would be in the bar's interest to sell two or three reasonable sized beers that can be drunk over time. Maybe they're taking the McDonalds/Chipotle Grill approach where they don't want customers hanging around any longer than it takes to wolf down their purchase.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I've had a couple of those high alcohol beers. Taste like rubbing alcohol. Don't like them at all. Maybe some taste better than others, more like beer. If I want something that high in percentage, I'll switch over to what the ''brothers'' drink, and go with Mad Dog 20/20. gypsyman

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Some folks are there for the buzz and only the buzz. Nine beers is kinda filling ya know. Also selling one or two of these things might tend to erode the connection between the wallet and the brain.

Stop off for a couple next thing you know its wings and a sandwich as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts