Graybeard Outdoors banner

Boar Hunting in California

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ladobe 
#1 ·
Has anybody been Boar hunting in Northern California? I am trying to find a guided hunt near the Bay area. Currently I live in Corte Madera and would like it if I was able to drive to the hunting area versus take a plane. If any of you have experiences hunting in Northern California I would love to hear who you used as a guide and phone numbers / web pages. Thanks in advance for you help on this.

Best,

CM

#3 ·
You've got lots of choices on direction centered from the Bay Area, all of them an easy drive. When I lived in Carmel, I hunted them everywhere from Hunter Ligget and the coast ranges down south up to Ft. Bragg on the north coast. In the valley Coalinga, Los Banos, Gilroy/Hollister and Livermoore were good bets - maybe by now (I've been gone from the Republik for a long time) there is lots more areas. Naturally, the best hunting was where I lived out from the Monterey area in those days - had a pard up in Carmel Valley Village who ran a pack of pitbulls. But I hunted them without dogs in Liggett and the valley and northern areas. Mostly shot them with a Herter's 401 Power Mag SAA I had, but I also hunted them several times archery up in Lake and Mendocino Counties.

BTW, if you fail to score one in the Monterey area, swing into Carmel to the Hogs Breath Inn (Eastwoods) - they serve WB there. hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.