Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCROLL DOWN A SECOND GUN HAS BEEN DONATED AND DRAWN FOR see new pic in this post.-

register your kids who are between 8 and 16 years of age by listing their names here. Kids or Grandkids, no changing the dogs name to be claimed like at tax time ::) And please let a kid win. It is still in the works but I want to have you register (write their name here once only) and every name will go into a big hat for the drawing. This gun is being put together with parts we members have donated and it isn't a perfect BC with fancy anything... our intention is to have it to a kid (their parents FFL for pick up) before Christmas and we hope that it helps build and keep an interest in hunting and shooting for years to come. The person picking it up from their FFL is responsible for whatever that FFL charges, I will get it shipped to the FFL as part of the "win". Registration cut off date will be Sat DEC 12 5 PM. (Drawing date and time will be inserted here when the gun is assembled.)
The gun will either be a 410 (if we can get it fitted) or will be a 20 ga. That I have already in use. I am hoping the 410 will work out so our littlest shooters don't fear firing it. SO Please post Your kids or grandkids names at the bottom of this thread and I will be updating when the gun is built. If you have 2 Tommie's in your family please list a middle initial. NO LAST NAMES for privacy of minors reasons. But could we please have a "rule" that the winners picture be posted after Christmas if that isn't too much to ask. :)
So the drawing winner will be listed by who the member was that registered the child so maybe all papers in the hat will follow this pattern. " Greybeard Timmy L" So the member doing the registering will be my contact person and they will be getting the info after the drawing. I appreciate the input and kindness of you members who are making this happen.
Let the registering begin. Thank you, thejanitor

Update-IT IS A 20 ga [/color]

Entrants must be continental U.S. only - Sorry for the confusion,

- Original post-

I am putting together a 20 ga. (or .410) to be gifted to a kid or grandkid of a GBO member (sent to their FFL). Nothing sneaky or tricky, I have bought or been given a few SB1 receivers (from my parts needed thread) and if I cant find a barrel reasonable I will put one of mine on. But I would like some help with a wood shotgun stock set with recoil pad. Can be mis matched and scratched since I am assuming I will need to sand it down and re-stain.
If you have something you want to sell me reasonable before listing it in the classifieds, please PM me.
If the barrel needs ejector work or bluing I will work on that, I will do my best to make it a gift that the kid will love. If its normal bluing wear It will stay as is.
I will post as the project progresses - Not sure if there will be any interest since times seem tough but its just something I plan to do. I think projects are fun, and I know there is a kid out there who wants to hunt.
I am not sure it would be ready by Christmas, but depending on condition of parts I get, It could possibly be.
With donated parts or not it will be from US (GBO friends) since I don't know which receiver was given to be fixed or which were sold to me. So Just wanted to let you all know about it incase you had possible parts for sale before you post them.
Thanks - thejanitor

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Re: "Build an H&R for a kid" winter project

I have a shotgun stock set I'll donate to the project. But it has a hard plate instead of pad. Let me know if that will work for ya.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

As long as you don't mind it being shortened a inch and a half and me adding either a slip on after refitting the plastic plate or seeing if I can find a recoil pad to shape to fit. Thank you very much. I will PM you my address. thejanitor

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts

It's yours to as you wish.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

I'll have to look around, but I may have a grind to fit pad that might work.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks Adam- I think even a standard H&R modern (not red w round holes on the side) will shape ok if anyone has a spare. Thanks thejanitor
Even red may work they just seem so hard.... not sure we would be doing the young shooter any favors.

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

Looks to be a standard vented pad. I can drop it in Monday's mail.

Thanks, Dinny

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts

I've got a barrel but want to keep it for my granddaughter, need a receiver and stock. The stock I could make.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

We have all but the barrel. and I will pay for it it just needs to be a good price. Thanks guys thejanitor
Please don't go buy a gun just for this, I have a 20 ga barrel I can use in a pinch I would just rather buy one for this project gun.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Brent, i have a 410 that did not fit our frames. It has some rust spots. I think its a 22 inch have to measure. Its yours for the cost of shipping if u want to try and clean it up. Mike.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

cudatruck said:
Brent, i have a 410 that did not fit our frames. It has some rust spots. I think its a 22 inch have to measure. Its yours for the cost of shipping if u want to try and clean it up. Mike.
I will pay the sshipping.

BB

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Mike - Yes please- Please insure it and PM me what I owe I will be happy to do my best on the rust, I will be happy to pay some over and above. I am excited that now a young one wont get kicked at all! Thanks - PM coming with address. Brent

Oops Thanks BB Thanks every body! I will do my best on the wood and rust and we will make a kid real happy. Brent

·
Registered
791 Posts

thejanitor and Y'all other GBOers. This is exactly why I enjoy being on this forum!!! I wish I had some parts to contribute to this worthwhile project. Good going gang, this sort of reminds me of ''George, the one dollar bill'' over on Cast Boolit forum. Again I enjoy this forum for this reason. Take care, John. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks to all of you, We have all the parts lined up for this project. As parts show up and deer season ends I will get going on it and do my very best to make up a very usable shotgun for our future shooter. It wont be perfect, but I am hoping the kid thinks its gold plated.... I remember my first gun. And second.... Its an exciting time. I am glad we will be part of it. Thank you all who followed this and will be part of it in these next couple months when we give it.
If all goes well maybe we can do it again, keep your eye out for parts over the next months that aren't real expensive and maybe we can do a follow up. And if I time it better it could be a summer project so the winner can use it that fall. I just didn't think of this in time this year. Thanks thejanitor

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Does anyone have a snap on forend they could sell me for the Youth project? It is a 410 barrel that Cudatruck is sending but it has a snap on forend stud. Thanks- Brent

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.