Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

I hope you are not "Wussing out" and using a sissy recoil pad?.....:)

Larry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ the gun already came with one... they also have a weight in the buttstock... to be honest, it kicks less than the 3.5 inch syn H&R turkey gun that I have...2 Oz load of number 5 nitro turkey and you know you shot something..... 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
My buddy in college bought the 3.5鈥 12 gauge turkey special with the green/gray camo. He was pretty inexperienced shotgun wise (he borrowed a spare gun from me for his first bird) and he took the weight out of the stock. I begged him not to shoot the 3.5 magnums. Broke his collarbone on the 3rd shot. He still managed to kill one with lighter loads shooting left handed that year with sheer determination and flat out craziness.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy in college bought the 3.5鈥 12 gauge turkey special with the green/gray camo. He was pretty inexperienced shotgun wise (he borrowed a spare gun from me for his first bird) and he took the weight out of the stock. I begged him not to shoot the 3.5 magnums. Broke his collarbone on the 3rd shot. He still managed to kill one with lighter loads shooting left handed that year with sheer determination and flat out craziness.
I dislocated a finger firing on a turkey at an extremely odd angle after he busted me...I shot the turkey at 5 yards or less...not even kidding when I say he almost stepped on me..
He answered my calls for probably 30 minutes and then came in right behind me...walked passed my legs and as soon as he got in front of me,, I jellied the back of his head.....it was the most adrenaline filled hunt I have ever had... swear to God, I didn't quit shaking for 10 mins.... 1 min felt like an hour.... it was at this point, I loved turkey hunting more than deer hunting... and it happens twice a year....
I still get the rush everything, I'm out....and a single shot makes it even more exciting馃槈馃槈

Registered
Had a customer bring in one of the H&r 10ga guns, wanted it cut to 18", and fitted for a collapsible AR style stock.
So, I cut it (just over 18"), and made a custom adapter block out of aluminum that attached via the stock bolt hole, and took any AR style extension tube. He put this spring loaded recoil reduction thing in, and an m4 stock went on that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a customer bring in one of the H&r 10ga guns, wanted it cut to 18", and fitted for a collapsible AR style stock.
So, I cut it (just over 18"), and made a custom adapter block out of aluminum that attached via the stock bolt hole, and took any AR style extension tube. He put this spring loaded recoil reduction thing in, and an m4 stock went on that.
JFC... that had to be brutal....the buttstock and ccounterweight help considerably.... the ATI conversion was rumored to collapse under recoil of the heavier loads...

Premium Member
Hahahaha. Mine is a Savage 94, but its a 19" barrel with a shortened 13.5" LOP AND a Kickeeze pad added! BY ME! When I built it I shot it quite a bit. Its heavy but shootable with shot. Slugs recoil are a step above for sure!!
Shells are kinda scarce so I dont shoot it much as I dont wish to deplete my shells on hand.

It is a fun gun that commands respect.
CW

Reactions: HKM91

Registered
JFC... that had to be brutal....the buttstock and ccounterweight help considerably.... the ATI conversion was rumored to collapse under recoil of the heavier loads...
Yeah, i'll shoot pretty much anything, so I fired it once.
It sucked

1 - 10 of 10 Posts