Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got these a while back and ended up not using them.

Think they go for $40 plus shipping on Bowens site.

$35 shipped each. Buy two for $65 shipped. Buy all three for $95 shipped.

These are plenty tall and can be used on other guns. I originally bought them for my 10.5” barreled Rugers.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
Are these stainless or carbon steel ?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbon. Sorry.

Here is one I shaped and then cold blued. Fun, rainy day project.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
Thanks I’d be interested if they were stainless steel. My single six are all stainless.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d like some stainless ones myself. I’ve never seen any. Not to say they arent made. I’ve just never seen any.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe, would you be kind enough to PM me the measurement of inside the curve of the base to top? (ie, what would be the height above barrel)
I sure will. It will be this evening before I can, but I will get them to you sometime after five.

What is the purpose of these sights?
Couple things. A lot of times the front sight is too short to get a proper zero. Especially if you shoot long-range, heavy for load bullets and slow powder with a magnum charge.

Sometimes, you just want to different shape sight. Me personally, I do not like the ramp sight Ruger installed on their guns. My eyes do not do well with that style site in the sunlight. I prefer a vertical face on my front sights. Similar to a post, or a Patridge style. These sights allow you to create whatever shape front sight you want.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah, my local smith put one of these on a 45 Blackhawk for me back in the '80s, looks nice, works perfect, same brand, Bowen. Otherwise I could not get the Ruger on target at 25 yards with the sight that came on the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts