Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy how about them Steelers. Looks like we are whooping up on the Ravens. The half time score is 35 to 7 Steelers. Dale

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Boy how bout them Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how it ended, I guess they won. I wanted to watch it but I couldn't get the game on last night, none of my stations carried it. Good thing though. Because EVERY time I watch them they loose. Honest.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Boy that was a great game last night. In case you don't know the Steelers won 38 to 7 over the Ravens. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

steelers ran the score up just like new england in the redsinks game. but steelers didn't turn off the ravens radios and higher someone from the ravens with the entire play book like new england did to the redskins. if new england hadn't have done that the redskins would have been the first team to beat them!

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have no dought that New England is a great team. The things they have done has tarnished the record. Make you wonder why a team that good would cheat. ::) I feel they should put an * beside their Supper Bowl wins because who knows if they cheated during them. Dale

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

yeah seriously. new england is got werid players and really werid coaches they don't play the game like they play the cheats

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts

They have a saying down here in NASCAR country... "If you ain't cheaten' you ain't tryin'." Stolen playbooks aside, you still have to have the talent to capitalize on any inside knowledge you may have. I think that the Pat's win over the Colts last Sunday should shed any doubt about their abilities.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Brett i live in nascar country. i am about 1hour away from lowes motor speedway and 2 hours away from darlington. nascar is diffrent. it was bulit as a bunch of moonshiners driveing their cars that they used on their whisky runs. they were already setup to be fast and to be hidden. When they raced the first stockcar races thats what they used. they put other engines and transmitions in their cars to get a edge, back then in nascar their was no rules you just showed up with what you had. there really wasn't many rules untill the late 70's and they were not really inforced all that much. sure at that time you wern't just going to be comming off the steets with your own stock car like it orginally was. there still was resterictions. now in nascar a lot is regulated by nascar and teams have no acess to it such as restrictor plates. now with the car of tomorrow in nascar they regulate the "wing" or spoiler more and they cannot move the front spliter much. they have so many check points on cars that you can't really cheat. yes if you can find out any kinda inside info but don't go recording other teams it dosen't help and it makes you look like a crook and isn't what the game is about. as far as nascar get rid of the edge that some teams have like hendrick. it makes the sport boring. with the cot it gives other cars a chance like it was back in the day. there was hardly any domination other than a select few in the sport. but it wasn't inpossilble for someone that was new couldn't win. make it equal like the older days. anyways who wants to watch a game where someone always when. thats why i watch more busch series and craftsmen truck series races now because the nextal cup is donminated by hendrick.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts

30 -06man, I live in Stanfield, about an hour East of the "Queen City" and LMS. Where are you at?

As far as the old days of NASCAR during the 70s being more equal. I'm not sure how you figure that. Seems to me those days were dominated by a few guys like King Richard and Davy Alison.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what the Pat's did but you know full well that every sports team is always looking for a competitive edge and the pressure is great to push the envelope and bend the rules, especially when you are the defending champions.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

they are all looking for an edge if anyway possible. but back in the 70's being ruled by person and petty is true but others were able to come in and win. they are nothing like the domination of hendrick. i am out on the border of york country in rock hill right now. i also spend a bunch of time in the sc mountains in my cabin.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

We played the Browns tonight and it turned out to be a nail bitter. We pulled it off but it was tough. The final score was Steelers 31 Browns 28. We should have beaten by much more. Dale

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

skins should have beat the eagles. we were ahead by a touch down at 9mins to go. the skins defence as good as they are figured we had it won and didn't give it their all. we ended up losing. hopefully we will beat dallas next week

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

30-06man said:
skins should have beat the eagles. we were ahead by a touch down at 9mins to go. the skins defence as good as they are figured we had it won and didn't give it their all. we ended up losing. hopefully we will beat dallas next week
Sorry to hear that. I hate it when that happens. Just like the Steelers today. They figured they had this game in the bag before they even walked on the field. Then they had to play catch up the whole game because they thought it would be an easy win. PS how is RandelEl working out for you. I have not followed him since he left the Steelers. Dale

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

hes doing good. i haven't focused on him as much as the new quarterback. i think he got hurt last week but not bad. i didn't get to watch the game because every channel i get that has foot ball likes to show the panthers and cowboys. it sucks. i have been thinking about getting that nfl package with dish but then i would have to give up cable. ohh well at least i can watch the race.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts

I think the reason Hendricks is dominating NASCAR this year at least is because they accepted the fact that they were going to have to deal with the COT car and began developing their Cot car program right from the beginning unlike most of the other teams which spent more time pi$$ing and moaning about it than working on it.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

and hendricks has a unlimited supply of money. notice all the car dealerships around with hendricks in the name. gibbs tested a lot and stewart was doing good. but he is now at tracks that hes not good at. he got a 4th today and johnson(48) got his 10th win its his 4th in a row. most of their wins weren't cot they were the old car the cot has equaled things a lot

·
Registered
326 Posts

Where's Pittsburgh? Is that in Mexico somewhere?

I'm just glad we don't have any pro teams here in Arkansas.... Clinton gave us a bad enough name already!

Scott (Arkansas Razor-what?) B

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

yup. its 2ND and first is California. uh oh!!

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts

Dale - Just because the Steelers win one does not mean you have to go and change every thing ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts