Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Encore 209x50 rifle's breech plug is flat. I bought a 15 inch 209X50 pistol barrel and when I removed the breech plug it is con-caved. It's the con-caved one for loose powder and the flat one for pellets? I stopped at a loacl gun store and was told the con-caved one is the only one TC makes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
T/C makes three that I know of as I have all three. One is almost flat, one has a small concave section but a large enough flat ring around the concave section to support pellets, and a completely concave one that has a very small ring around the concave section. My other rifles seem to usually have concave breechplugs except for the new Knight KRB which has a slightly coned breechplug. I suspect this may be to help reduce blowback as there seems to be little or no blowback on the KRB. I think the large concave plugs were for loose powder and when the pellets arrived the plugs started to change for them.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I know at one time T/C made all three, you can give them a call and find out if they still do. But either way, I have shot with all three and used pellets and powder in all three with not change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts