Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these in Shotgun News that J&G sales has. Used, in 2 or 3 condition grades. I have a CZ-452 that I like and these Brno's look a lot like them. There's a gun show this weekend and another the next and this is one of the things I'll be at least keeping an eye out for. I was just wondering if anyone had one yet and what they are like as in actual conditon and as a shooter.
Thanks.
JS :D

http://catalog.jgsales.com/

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I don't have one but I would guess that if they are as good as most European guns they ought to be a pretty good gun. I would put my Romainian 69 against any 22 as far as accuracy goes not much of a looker but it does shoot well. The only European guns I have ever seen that werer junk was some of the 60's and 70's German imports that were cheap 22 single action type pistols the others I do not care for are the french military guns they may be ok but not my cup of tea. Most all of the other European stuff is good to great. Jim

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Brno model 1 is an excellent rifle just like your model 2. Many professional Rabbit shooters i talk to over here swore by them. They are somewhat of a collectors rifle here now and its very hard to find a good one thats worth the price they are asking. Norinco made a copy which they call the JW15. It even takes the 5 round mag that fits your Brno model 2. But it is cheaply made and not worth the compromise. I believe the Model 1 was used by Army soldiers for training in the former Czech Republic. Once upon a time they were easy to aquire but word has got out over here and no one will let a good one go. If you can buy a good one, GO FOR IT!
cheers....
**** :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It looks like more of them are availible right now. The link I posted before only goes as far as J&G's main page. The new one below should get you there. As usual, there's no way to know how many the Czech government has to get rid of. If there's a bunch more then the prices will probably be lower in time. Buying another .22 (or 2 or 3) won't kill me.
JS :D

http://catalog.jgsales.com/?itemnumber=15-00

·
Registered
66 Posts
These guys have a few...

The Mercantile
818B Oneal Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
225 272 0447

It looks like a fine weapon...straight back draw on the bolt.

Ask for Saul, tell him stuporman sent you!
It looked pretty cheap on the tag.

He also had some Romanian 69s.

:shock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
How are you Boys?

I went out gun shopping hopping the other day here with my Girlfriend and we came across a 1951 Brno Model 1, they wanted $300 Aussie for it, it wasnt in bad condition, old Meopta scope on it, needed refurbishing, but otherwise not too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts