Graybeard Outdoors banner

broadhead test

892 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lloyd smale 
#1 ·
i have watched many different tests on youtube . i like the one's where the headed arrows are shot into ballistic jell .there is the one where the headed arrows are shot at hanging hog hide . i was surprised that some of them could not get through the far side . then there are the guys that feel that a good test would be to shoot a 55gal oil drum . perhaps when deer start wearing armor such a test would be relevant.

#2 ·
I used to get all wrapped up in it. Had differnt (the game changer of the week) ones every year. I started with rocky mountain razors and my dad is still killing deer with the ones i gave him. I do use an open on impact now but i quit trying to find a edge that didtn exist. Ive been using rage open on impact for about 5 years. I do like an open on impact with a cross bow because i tend to stretch the range to 50 yards because its just easier to shoot then a regular bow and at those ranges fix bladed broadheads can plane in the wind and tend to shoot bigger groups. But truth be told i could probably go right back to the rocky mountain razors for 99 percent of the deer ive shot through the years. Put about any broadhead behind the shoulder and your going to eat venison.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.