Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used this. I sprayed in on last night. On the instructions, it says it is a "non-drying" formula. How well does this stuff work? I've always used the "brush" on release agent that comes with the acra-glass. I'm a bit concerned about using this. It doen't leave a dry film, more like a slightly tacky, oily film. Should I go ahead and contine the bedding process using this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brownells spray on release agent

Hi Stratocaster, I havent used their spray on agent, but if it is from Brownells and you followed the instructions you should have no prob. Save your self some money next time, and use Pam cooking spray. Doesnt matter what flavor, I've used it on over 20 rifle beding projects without a prob. Good luck, Rustyirn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brownells spray on release agent

Hi Stratocaster, No the spray never seems to dry. I think thats the same with Brownells product. I never had a problem. The epoxie wont stick to it! Good Luck! Rustyirn. P.S. If it does stick with the Brownells product try puting the whole project in the freezer for 24 hrs and then rapping the barrel on a hard (paded) surface. It should come free.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stratocaster

The Acra-release in the spray can is what I have been using for a few years now. I have gotten used to it and seldom use anything else. It wont dry, always looks wet. It is very thin and gives very close contact between the stock and metal.
Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.