Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a review on the Buck GCK . The guy did a full review . It preformed well in all the task from makeing feather sticks to cutting various thing. Even stabbing . It's not a bush craft knife but it can do alot of bushcraft things.
It's made with 5160 high carbon steel. Full length is 10.75 inches . It's a full tang knife . Blade thickness is .200"
Comes in to colors black and coyote brown. The coating is Cerakoate . The sheath is pretty decent. I think it retails for $99.00 . I think the handles are G10 not sure about that.
Have any of you seen one yet? If you have what are your thoughts on it?
I have only seen pictures and videos.
The sheath seems to be nice also.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
So is buck usa a brand name made in chinavirus? Or made in the USA?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
USA is a brand name and originates in the IIRepublicofChina along with most propaganda and the Chinese virus...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is Made in the USA . At Bucks factory.
As for the sheath just like other knife brands that are made in the USA I would say it's made in China . That's why they can sell it for the price of $100 - $89.00 . Depends where you buy it

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Wife and kids got me a buck USA knife for papa’s day. Says right on der box. U.S. made of u.s. and import parts. If they did make all there knives here instead of 85% of them there wouldn’t be a problem. Oh yeah. Just a knife in the box. No sheath... Wonder what parts are China virus?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
You would have to contact Buck. To see what parts are made China .

Yep. I’ll just have to do your research for ya... For me. I’ll buy case knives or from those not trying to fool me. If I’m buyin chinavirus. I just want to know in advance..,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have only spent a little time on research . As to where Buck knives are made the do have about 20% of there knives made in China. There fixed blade hunting knives ,the 110 ,112 knives are made in the USA. There compadre line is made in the USA. As far as the Buck GCK line it is also US made. It's a fairly new line of knives made by Buck. There is not a lot of information on them yet . No one has written any reviews stating that parts of these knives were made in China.
I also found out in the little bit of research I have done that Buck is going to be producing even more in the US. I have owned alot of Case, Schrade ,Buck and a few Ontario knives . The Case knives that I have owned were lock blades . If I get my Buck 112 out and sit it beside my Case 7158L . There of equal quality . With that said I believe the Buck 112 to be a bit better as far as quality.
Nothing in the paper work or on the box stated anything about China. On either knife.
I will keep trying to do more research.
Like it or not there are alot of products that are made in China. I hate the fact that my Ontario Rat 5 is a nice quality made in the USA knife . It comes with a made in China sheath.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
The Chinese can make quality stuff if they have to but they prefer the higher profit margin on cheap. To me the case outclasses the buck although the increase in cost does not always match the increase in quality. I have a Ontario spec raider Bowie knife and even though it says USA I don’t have a clue about its origin but at $30 bucks for a decent piece of steel I’m not bitchin...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Ontario is made in the USA. Ontario also makes the Old Hickory line of kitchen knives.
Also the sheaths Ontario sends with there fixed blade knives are junk . Those are made in China "the sheaths"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts