Graybeard Outdoors banner

which brand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
I've been satisfied with the Tasco that came on my heavy barrel 223 when i bought. It has never gave me any problems. Tasco VAR 6-24X42M. I have felt no need to upgrade the scope but if i where i would have to go with the Mueller Sport Dot 4-16-50. Being on the student budget isn't hleping this addiction. :?

· Registered
915 Posts
I've got a BSA Deer Hunter on my winchester compact 7mm-08 and it hasnt given me any trouble. There are some people that swear by them then there are others that think they are complete trash. I myself see nothing wrong with them and i actually thought about buying a catseye to put on my 223 but the tasco i got has held up very well.

· Registered
915 Posts
I don't mean to butt in on a topic and ask a question but it pretains to the topic so i thought this would be a good place.

What is everyones opinion on the Simmons 44 mag series. I haven't heard much about them and i ran across a deal(or at least it sounds like it is) on one. They don't look like i bad scope but still i would like everyones input.

· Registered
915 Posts
Actually Sportsman's Guide is where i found the one i may get. I've check a few other places to compare the price they have and haven't found any place that even comes close to there price on it except Natchez and they don't sell to TN residents.

Here's the link to the one i'm thinking about........
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=201811

· Registered
915 Posts
Yeah i noticed that when i started lookin at the pics. I think it is a pretty nice scope for the money. Do you know what kind of warranty the 44 mag series has?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.